There's a champion for your success at MCC: your advisor.
An advisor will work to help you reach your goals and limit roadblocks along the way. Your advisor will help you with:
- Exploring MCC programs, degrees and certificates
- Understanding specific degree requirements
- Choosing or changing your degree plan
- Selecting classes and planning your class schedule
- Setting educational goals
- Solving academic problems
- Transferring credit to and from other colleges
- Accessing campus and community resources
How do you connect to your advisors?
- Quick Questions: A general question that front line staff can answer within 5 minutes, either in person or through the call center. Quick questions will be answered during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
- Same Day (15 minute) Advising: A question that is escalated to a content area expert, either in person or through the call center that can be answered within approximately 15 minutes. Same day advising is available during regular business hours Monday - Thursday.
- Appointment Advising: A scheduled event with a content expert. Students themselves can schedule these as well as the front line staff. These events will be approximately 30 minutes in length. Appointment times are available to be scheduled through Starfish except during peak enrollment times.
Advising Hours by Campus
|Blue River||8:00am - 4:30pm||8:00am - 7:00pm||8:00am - 7:00pm||8:00am - 4:30pm||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Business & Technology||8:00am - 4:30pm||8:00am - 7:00pm||8:00am - 7:00pm||8:00am - 4:30pm||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Longview||8:00am - 4:30pm||8:00am - 7:00pm||8:00am - 7:00pm||8:00am - 4:30pm||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Maple Woods||8:00am - 4:30pm||8:00am - 7:00pm||8:00am - 7:00pm||8:00am - 4:30pm||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Penn Valley||8:00am - 4:30pm||8:00am - 7:00pm||8:00am - 7:00pm||8:00am - 4:30pm||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Online||7:30am - 6:00pm||7:30am - 6:00pm||7:30am - 6:00pm||7:30am - 6:00pm||7:30am - 4:30pm|
There are times the Advising offices are closed for enrollment groups, meetings, professional development, etc. Please check with your campus via email to confirm office hours. Click on a campus name above to contact the advising office via email.
Examples of advising meetings:
- Residency questions
- Class selection fit
- Assist in website navigation
- Re-enrollment of dropped courses
- New student signing up for enrollment session
- Testing resources
- Commencement information
- Printing class schedules or transcripts
- Academic overload
- Dropping/adding a class
- Non-degree related courses
- Understand testing
- Early transfer exploration
- Degree change
- Long term degree planning
- Satisfactory academic progress warning discussion academic plan
- Discuss remaining graduation requirements
- Discuss transfer course evaluation