There's a champion for your success at MCC: your assigned advisor.
An advisor will work to help you reach your goals and limit roadblocks along the way. Your advisor will help you with:
- Exploring MCC programs and academic and career pathways
- Understanding specific degree and certificate requirements
- Choosing or changing your degree plan
- Selecting classes and planning your class schedule
- Setting educational goals
- Solving academic problems
- Transferring credit to and from other colleges
- Accessing campus and community resources
How do you connect to your advisors?
A general question that front line staff can answer within 5 minutes, either in person, virtually or, through the Information Center at 816.604.1000. Quick questions will be answered during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
- Residency questions
- Class selection fit
- Assist in website navigation
- Reenrollment of dropped courses
- New student signing up for enrollment session
- Testing resources
- Commencement information
- Provide access to class schedules or transcripts
A question that is escalated to a content area expert, either in person, virtually or the Information Center at 816.604.1000 that can be answered in approximately 15 minutes. Same day advising is available during regular business hours Monday through Thursday. Limited availability on Friday.
- Academic overload
- Dropping/adding a class
- Non-degree related courses
- Understand placement test results
- Early transfer exploration
A scheduled appointment with a content expert. Students can schedule these as well as the front-line staff. These appointments will be approximately 30 minutes in length. Appointments can be scheduled through Starfish except during peak enrollment times.
- Degree change
- Long term degree planning
- Satisfactory academic progress warning discussion academic plan
- Discuss remaining graduation requirements
- Discuss transfer course evaluation
Virtual Enrollment Center (VEC)
Virtual Enrollment Centers are a one-stop-shop for enrollment needs. Students can meet virtually through Zoom with admissions, advising, registration, and financial aid services without having to visit a campus.
Email your questions to a campus advising office. For additional advising information, or to be put in contact with an academic advisor, please call the MCC Information Center at 816.604.1000.
||Education Center, room email@example.com|
|MCC-Maple Woods||Administration Building, room firstname.lastname@example.org|
|MCC-Penn Valley||Student Enrollment Center, SEC email@example.com|
||MCC-Penn Valley, Learning Resources, room firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Blue River||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Longview||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Maple Woods||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Penn Valley||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Online||7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.||7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.||7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.||7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
There are times the Advising offices are closed for enrollment groups, meetings, professional development, etc. Please check with your campus via email to confirm office hours. Click on a campus name above to contact the advising office via email.