You will be assigned your own professional academic advisor who will support you throughout your time at MCC. You should meet with your academic advisor early each semester to ensure successful progress toward completion of your educational plan. A few minutes of planning early can save hours and money later.
- Learn about degrees offered
- Get help with selecting your first-year classes
- Understand how to read the course schedule
- Learn how to self-enroll with your Student Center
- Interact with advisors and get answers to your questions
Current, transfer and returning MCC students
Help your advisor help you. Get the most from your time with an advisor. Do this before you meet:
- Review requirements and courses so you can discuss selections
- Bring copies of records
- If you are transferring to MCC, bring transcripts from other schools
- Make a list of questions or concerns
- Don't hold back. Tell your advisor what things may be affecting your ability to do your best coursework.