- Explore your academic and career pathway options.
- Still Exploring? The Associate in Arts gives you the flexibility you need. The more quickly you determine the degree you are seeking and choose the transfer college, the more specific your plan will be.
- Most students entering college are still searching for the right path. Take advantage of our career services that offer career exploration classes and one-on-one career counseling.
You will be assigned a personal academic advisor who will support you while you are at MCC. You should meet with your academic advisor prior to the beginning of each semester to ensure successful progress toward the completion of your educational plan. A few minutes of planning early can save hours and money later.
- Learn about academic and career pathways
- Get help with selecting your first-year classes
- Understand how to read the course schedule
- Learn how to self-enroll with your Student Center
- Ask questions about financial aid
Current, transfer and returning MCC students
If you would like to speak with an advisor, please schedule an appointment using the online scheduler in Starfish.
Help your advisor help you. Get the most from your time with an advisor. Do this before you meet:
- Review requirements and courses so you can discuss selections
- Bring copies of academic records
- If you are transferring to MCC, please mail official transcript. In addition, bringing an unofficial transcript from other schools may aid in the advising process. Unofficial transcripts may not be used for academic assessment.
- Make a list of questions or concerns
- Don't hold back. Tell your advisor what things may be affecting your ability to be successful.