Transfer Credit

MCC accepts credit in transfer from both public and private regionally accredited institutions of recognized standing. Transfer work will be evaluated and posted once MCC receives official transcripts, either directly from the transferring school or in a sealed envelope. Transcripts may also be sent electronically from the National Student Clearinghouse, if your previous institution participates.

Students may use a request for academic transcript form (PDF) to request transcripts from any previously attended school.

Transcripts should be submitted by mail to:

MCC-Student Data Center
3200 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111

All courses taken at other colleges and universities become part of the student's permanent record. However, only courses equivalent to those in the student's MCC program will be applied toward an MCC degree or certificate.

While the MCC GPA is used for an MCC degree or certificate, the transfer GPA will appear on the MCC transcript as a transfer GPA and be included in the combined GPA.


How will my classes transfer to MCC?

For information concerning prior credits and their acceptance at MCC, go to the MCC-Kansas City transfer information

Note: Transfer work may impact financial aid eligibility.