The following items are not allowed in your possession while you test in the testing lab. Keep in mind, individual third party test might also exclude additional items. Call ahead of time to check what items are permissible.
- No cell phones
- No electronic devices (i.e., I-Pods, MP3 players, headphones, cameras, flash drives, laptop computers, smartwatches or pen-input devices, etc.).
- No food or drinks (including water).
- No books, notes or personal scratch paper.
- No purses or backpacks (Lockers are available for storage).
- No sunglass/eyeglass cases or pencil bags/boxes
You are encouraged to leave these materials at home or in your car. If this is not possible, a locker will be provided to store items while you are testing. Some lockers do not lock and items are left at owner’s risk.
Non-testers are NOT allowed in the testing lab.
If your native language is not English, contact the English as a Second Language (ESL) at MCC-Penn Valley, 3201 SW Trafficway, Kansas City, MO., Campus Center, room 409, or call 816.604.4041 before taking the placement test.