Metropolitan Community College is committed to ensuring the safety of its students, employees and visitors. Each year MCC publishes an annual security report in compliance with The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act ("Clery Act").
About the report
The annual security report contains important information regarding campus safety and security, such as
- MCC's law enforcement arrest authority,
- crime reporting policies,
- emergency response procedures,
- information about MCC's working relationships with state and local law enforcement agencies, and
- past three calendar years of crime statistics for reported crimes that occurred at MCC campuses and on public property immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campuses.
In addition, the report contains information regarding
- drug and alcohol abuse,
- sexual assault prevention, and
- procedures regarding safety and other related matters.
Additional reporting information
The policies in the report apply to all MCC campuses. The crime statistics in the report are presented for each campus separately.
This report is prepared in cooperation with local law enforcement agencies, the MCC police and legal department. Copies of the report may be obtained at no cost by making a request to the MCC police department at 3217 Broadway, Suite 130, Kansas City, MO, 64111.
We recommend that all campus community members take some time to review the report. If you have any questions about the information contained within it, please contact the MCC police department at the non-emergency number 816.604.1111.