Live virtual tutoring
- Answer academic questions and share learning skills and tools to the best of our ability.
- Respond as professionals to your requests and concerns.
- Connect you to other helpful resources on and off campus.
- Support you in your effort to achieve academic success.
- Be sure your computer is able to have reliable Internet access, accept Zoom meetings with audio and video capacities, and fully charged when utilizing our virtual services in order to have an optimal session. If you need any ADA accommodations, please allow 24 hours..
- Come ready with questions and with any material from class, like class notes and/or writing assignment sheets, that would better help us assist you.
- Abide by MCC's Student Code of Conduct while working with a tutor.
Academic Tutoring - Math, Writing and Other Subjects
- Assistance with course content. Focused on understanding course material.
- If you are a faculty member seeking an academic workshop, please contact MCC-Longview student success at email@example.com.
On behalf of the MCC-Longview Student Success Center, enjoy the following learning snack video to help you organize your academic semester.
Tutoring is available to assist students with content specific information and is available for many of the subjects taught on campus. Tutoring has two areas of specialization, Math and Writing, in which students can receive full walk-in service within the hours of operation. All other subjects are appointment based.
Math tutoring is intended to supplement classroom instruction by allowing students opportunities to ask questions and receive feedback.
All levels of mathematic courses are supported to include computerized instruction and in-person instruction. In addition, all tutoring spaces may be used as study areas. Bring the textbook and class notes to make the experience more beneficial.
Some Helpful Web Sites:
In the studio, writing tutoring is provided for all writing assignments regardless of academic discipline. It is meant to be place to supplement instruction, to ask questions and to work and collaborate.
The writing studio aims to not only meet student's immediate writing needs; they also look at multiple layers of the writing process, such as brainstorming, idea development, organizing/structuring writing, paragraphing, sentence style and grammar/punctuation. In addition, all tutoring spaces may be used as study areas.
The writing studio also offers online assistance for writing and questions about writing. Using a student email account, email the MCC-Longview writing studio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide the written work/writing question in a PDF and/or Word.doc file along with your class assignment sheet. Typically, a writing tutor will respond within 48 hours of your request.
Helpful Website: libguides.mcckc.edu/c.php?g=1100223&p=8023776
Subject specific tutoring varies by semester. However, we will attempt to find a tutor to assist you with any of your academic coursework.
Tutoring is available for the following subjects (see other subjects tab for more information):
- Chemistry 105, 107, 111, 112
- Human Nutrition
- MATH 31, 95, 115, 119, 120130,141, 150, 180, 190, 210, 230
- ENGR 101, 113, 130,229
- Physics 130, 220, 221
- CSIS 110, 115, 123, 223
- Spanish 1 & 2
- History 120, 121, 133,140
"Not only did I see a huge difference in my grades, but I learned how to pace myself and study areas I really struggled on. The more I went to the math lab the more my assignments and test become easier to me. I think that all students who struggle in math should really visit the math lab at least twice a week. I truly believe it helps you understand all your problems better."
"Because the learning center was so helpful to me in areas where I struggled, I became a tutor to help others in the same way." James
"Every time I walk in, I leave learning something new."
"I feel all the tutors have been very respectful, helpful and helped me see things in a different perspective in my writing."
"The writing studio has helped me with all my writing assignments. I see myself becoming a better writer every time I come in."
"The learning resources is the reason why I am getting through school and passing classes. Words cannot express my thankfulness for all the tutors who help the students. The math lab is amazing I would not have passed math without it. Also the chemistry lab. I love the tutors and I cannot express how thankful I am for everyone."