College is exciting and stimulating, but it can also be confusing and stressful. Classes, tests, work, family, friends and career decisions place new demands on your skills, time and energy. MCC counselors are faculty members who hold a Master's or Ph.D. They are available to meet with you to discuss success strategies, study tips or plans for the future.
This perceived loss of control, social isolation and unexpected plans can be challenging for many. The counselors at MCC want you to know that they are a resource that you can use.
Contact MCC Counseling
If you would like to talk with a counselor, visit the meet the counselors webpages by clicking on the button below and email them or call by phone at 816.604.1000 to schedule an appointment. Services are free for MCC students.MCC Counselors and hours MCC Cares
Notice of privacy information
While every attempt to respect your privacy and not gossip, MCC counselors are obligated to report information that deals with physical safety and feeling respected on campus, including:
- Danger to self or others
- Abuse or neglect of a child or vulnerable adult
- Awareness of an event involving sexual assault, discrimination or harassment
- To file a confidential report of a sexual assault, discrimination, harassment or other Title IX issues, contact Kim Fernandes at 816.604.1418.
If you need help outside of office hours, please call:
- Mental Health Crisis Line: 1.888.279.8188
- Mental Health Crisis Text Line: text HELLO to 741741
- Hearing/Speech Impaired Mental Health Crisis Line: 1.888.955.8339
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.8255 or call 988 from your cell phone
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1.800.799.7233
- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault: 816.531.0233
- United Way Hotline: 211 or 816.474.5112
- ULifeLine offers an extensive mental health library and self-evaluations. ULifeLine is an anonymous online resource center.
The counseling webpages are designed to help you find out information about various topics.
Select a topic below to read more information