FabLab membership is FREE for all MCC students and employees! Membership is also available to community members for a small fee.
The FabLab is a maker space full of tools, technology and training -- what you can create is limitless.
In the FabLab, you can conceptualize, design, develop, fabricate and test almost anything. Whether you are a student, artist, engineer, tinkerer or inventor, the FabLab has the tools to make your craft better!
We boast several prototyping technologies, metal working, an array of woodworking equipment, basic welding equipment and many other types of tools and technologies including a fully capable computer-assisted drafting and design (CADD) lab.
- Metalworking tools: MIG welder, manual lathe, manual mill, band saw etc.
- Woodworking tools: Compound miter saw, planer, wood lathe, jointer etc.
- Programmable/automated machinery: CNC router and laser engravers
- Power tools: Saws, drills, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers etc.
About the FabLab
- The FabLab is located at MCC-Penn Valley, 3201 Southwest Trafficway, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, Room ET 150.
- It is open to all MCC students, MCC employees, students from other colleges and the community.
- FabLab is open Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- In order to use the FabLab, you must attend an orientation/safety class, which will cover general lab safety, tool and machine usage and FabLab rules. See calendar below for orientation dates and times.
- Contact FabLab for additional information about membership, pricing and safety policies.
To learn more about the FabLab, contact lab technician Jen Dec by emailing email@example.com. Check out our Google calendar below for orientation dates and times.
To learn more about the 3d printing lab, contact Chris Page, phone: 816.604.5438 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FabLab contact information
Jen Dec - Lab Technician
3201 Southwest Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64111