Important: MCC recently updated the BSAD course designator for its business courses to either BUSN or ACCT. Please refer to the Business Course Crosswalk (PDF) to determine the name of the new BUSN or ACCT course that will fulfill the BSAD requirement on your degree plan.
MCC has an accounting degree plan to fit your goals.
- Are you planning to transfer to a four-year college or university and major in accounting?
- Are you hoping to learn the fundamentals of accounting so you can begin your career?
- Do you want to quickly attain skills to make you marketable for entry-level accounting positions?
If yes, yes, or yes, we have a degree option that is just right for you!
Whichever path you choose students graduate with the skills, knowledge, and abilities sought by workforce partners who hire current students, promote graduates, and continuously develop them for career advancement on a pathway to high wage jobs.
Degree and Certificates Offered
The links below redirect to academic catalog
Three types of degree offerings
Associate in Arts – transfer for Accounting / Business Major
Choose this degree if you plan to transfer and take two years of college credit with you. Our transfer agreements make this an easy transition to four-year colleges and area universities like UMKC, University of Central Missouri, Northwest Missouri State, Park University, and others.
Students who plan to transfer and major in accounting or other business-related fields (e.g., Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, etc.) should plan to take the following courses at MCC:
- ACCT 101: Accounting Principles I
- ACCT 102: Accounting Principles II
- ACCT 103: Managerial Accounting (often required by transfer institution)
- BUSN 270: Legal Environment of Business
- ECON 210: Macroeconomics
- ECON 211: Microeconomics
- MATH 115 or higher (MATH 120: College Algebra preferred)
Associate in Applied Science Degree - Accounting
Choose this degree if you want to learn the fundamentals of accounting so you can begin your career.
If you are not sure if you want to transfer to a four-year college or university at this time this is a great degree option for you. This degree is designed to get you job ready but also fulfill general education requirements should you decide to transfer.
Choose one of the following certificates to quickly attain basic accounting knowledge and job ready skills to make you marketable in the workforce for entry-level positions: