To facilitate the acquisition of skills and knowledge for efficient, safe, evidence based patient care through simulated healthcare experiences and promote the need for life-long learning.
MCC's virtual hospital is a 10,000 sq. ft., accredited, healthcare simulation center that provides an unmatched learning environment for healthcare providers and students. The virtual hospital is a realistic healthcare facility that hosts a variety of events and collaborates with businesses and organizations.
The virtual hospital space includes:
- The simulation rooms closely mimic hospital departments providing a clinical environment for students and professionals to safely practice their skills.
- Each of the six simulation rooms are fully equipped and can be staged to resemble: Acute care, emergency departments, pediatrics, labor and delivery, home living environments and more.
- Educational Electronic Health Record with individual patient tablets and scanners.
- In addition to a safe and realistic learning environment, the six simulation rooms offer high quality audio/visual recording capabilities with CAE's Learning Space Intuity system. Each of the patient rooms have two cameras, one wall-mounted and one ceiling-mounted, for optimal recording with zoom capabilities to capture all the details within the learning environment.
- Learn more about Learning Space Intuity
Adjacent to each of the six simulation rooms are private debriefing rooms for optimal learning opportunities. Each debrief room has a large screen for live-streaming during the simulation and instant playback during debriefing sessions. Debriefing can also be recorded for later review.
Behind the 2-way glass mirror in each simulation room is a control room. This space allows our staff to be able to discretely operate the mannequin in the simulation room and not be seen by students, creating a realistic experience for students.
The virtual hospital has a classroom space available for use in addition to the simulation and debriefing rooms. This versatile 726 sq foot space is also equipped with audio/visual capabilities for meetings and presentations. (Space needed for larger groups is also available, located within the Health Science Institute campus).
Human patient simulators
The Virtual Hospital Simulation Center is home to 17 incredibly life-like, high-fidelity, human patient simulators that mimic various patient scenarios giving us the ability to provide a wide variety of simulation experiences in a safe, controlled, clinical learning environment. The virtual hospital's family of simulators include the following:
- Two VICTORIA® S2200 - maternal and neonatal birthing simulator. Can also be used as a non-pregnant female simulator
- Two Susie® S2000 - advanced multipurpose patient simulator
- HAL® S3201 - advanced multipurpose patient simulator
- Pediatric HAL S2225 - advanced pediatric patient simulator
- HAL S3005 - five-year-old pediatric simulator
- HAL S3004 - one-year-old pediatric simulator
- Two Newborn HAL S3010 - a neonate at 40 weeks gestational age
- Apollo Nursing - advanced wireless patient simulator
- Athena - advanced wireless patient simulator
- PediaSIM - 6 year old child human patient simulator
- CAE Learning Space - simplified simulation management for clinical education
Scheduling the virtual hospital facility
Please email email@example.com for more information about renting space in the virtual hospital.
- Jayla Walker, Virtual Hospital Coordinator, 816.604.4477
- Todd Geringer,Virtual Hospital Simulation Faculty, 816.604.4518
- Tierra Jones-Ruff, Lab Specialist, 816.604.4486