FabLab membership is FREE for all MCC students and employees! Membership is also available to community members for a small fee.
The FabLab is a maker space full of tools, technology, and training -- what you can create there is limitless.
In the FabLab, you can conceptualize, design, develop, fabricate and test almost anything. Whether you are a student, artist, engineer, tinkerer or inventor, the FabLab has the tools to make your craft better!
We boast several prototyping technologies, 3-D scanning, metal working, an array of woodworking equipment, welding equipment and many other types of tools and technologies including a fully capable computer-assisted drafting and design (CADD) lab and 3-D printing lab.
- Metalworking tools: MIG welder, manual lathe, manual mill, band saw etc.
- Woodworking tools: Compound mitre saw, planer, wood lathe, jointer etc.
- Programmable/automated machinery: CNC router and two laser engravers
- Prototyping: 3-D printing, 3-D scanning, CADD software
- Hand and power tools: Saws, drills, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers etc.
About the FabLab
- The FabLab is located in Room ET 150 at Metropolitan Community College's Penn Valley campus located at 3201 Southwest Trafficway, Kansas City, Missouri 64111
- It is open to all MCC students, MCC employees, students from other colleges and the community at large.
- FabLab is open Monday - Thursday, 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- In order to use the FabLab, you must attend an orientation/safety class, which will cover general lab safety, tool and machine usage, and FabLab rules. See calendar below for orientation dates and times.
- Contact FabLab for additional information about membership, pricing and safety policies.
To learn more about the FabLab, contact lab technician Jen Dec by emailing email@example.com. Check out our Google calendar below for orientation dates and times.