Make it count.
Here's your chance to shorten your time to graduation by taking a class at a Metropolitan Community College campus or online and seamlessly transfer back to your home school.
Make MCC your college to:
- Complete prerequisites on your time
- Earn credit hours for seamless transfer, or
- Gain a degree or certificate to strengthen your career
- Save money. MCC's in-district tuition is a fraction of the cost of other schools in our region. And our students access $30 million in financial aid scholarships and grants each year to boost budgets
Take a class, save money on tuition and living expenses, then seamlessly transfer the credits you earn to your college or university. MCC credits earned as part of Missouri’s Core 42 package of general education classes will transfer anywhere in the state: guaranteed.
MCC is Kansas City's source for great value, small classes, exceptional faculty and work-friendly internet, day, evening and weekend scheduling.
Steps to apply:
- Fill out an application for admission to MCC.
- When selecting your "admit type" choose option 4 - "visiting from another college and will return".
- Under "What is your primary goal while at MCC?", select "Take classes and then transfer".
- Make sure to include a valid email address in the application so that you can be notified when the application has been processed.
- After receiving the email verifying that your application has been processed, follow instructions in the email to create a password and log into your myMCCKC student account.
- Send your transcript from your home school to assist in placement and in meeting prerequisites.
- Be sure to review the prerequisite requirements for the classes you want to take. It's important you have the knowledge required to successfully complete your courses.
- Follow steps 4 and 5 on the MCC Get Started page to enroll in classes, pay tuition, purchase books, and attend classes.
- Upon completion of classes, log into your myMCCKC account and use the "official transcript" option to transfer your MCC credits to your home college.