What is ACCUPLACER?
Placement testing helps you know where to begin your college studies. Testing is required in English, reading and math for most students and must be completed prior to enrollment. If you are not sure if you are required to take the ACCUPLACER, take the placement survey.
Where and when do you take the ACCUPLACER?
To take the ACCUPLACER test, individuals must have already applied to MCC. ACCUPLACER testing is available online through Zoom or in person with an appointment.
How can I prepare for the ACCUPLACER?
TAKE THIS TEST SERIOUSLY.
This test will assess your current skill level in reading, writing, and mathematics and will determine which courses in these areas you should start out in to help ensure student success.
You can refresh your skills and find sample questions by visiting the following websites:
What you need to do
- You must have applied to MCC and have a MCC student ID number
- You must bring a valid government-issued photo ID
Take this online survey to find out if you need to take any kind of placement (ACCUPLACER) testing at MCC.
Please note that applicants for a Health Science Institute program may be required to take the placement test as a part of the application process. For additional information, consult an academic advisor at one of the MCC campuses.
If you do need to test, follow these steps
Fill out the online testing survey to find out.
If you do need to test, follow these steps:
- Apply for admission several days before testing to obtain a student ID.
- If you have taken the ACT test, bring an official copy of your scores when you come
to test or have scores sent to our Student Data Center:
Metropolitan Community College
Student Data Center
Kansas City, MO 64111
- A valid government-issued photo ID is required for all testing .
- Allow at least two hours to take the test.
- Handheld calculators will not be allowed. ACCUPLACER system calculator will be provided.
- The first ACCUPLACER test is free charge, even if sections are taken on different dates. The cost to retest for any one section or the full test package is $25.