What is the Accuplacer Placement Test?
Placement testing helps you know where to begin your college studies. Testing is required in English, reading and math for most students and must be completed prior to enrollment.
TAKE THIS TEST SERIOUSLY.
This test will assess your current skill level in reading, writing, and mathematics and will determine which courses in these areas you should start out in to help ensure student success.
You can refresh your skills and find sample questions by visiting the following websites:
- Accuplacer Review
- Test Preview
- Owl English Purdue
- Khan Academy
- Algebra Help
- Cool Math
- WTAMU Virtual Math Lab
Where and When?
Accuplacer placement testing is available on a walk-in basis during regular test center office hours at all MCC Test Centers.
- Allow 2 to 2 1/2 hours to complete all 3 sections
- All testing is stopped 15 minutes prior to office closing hours
- The Accuplacer placement test is not timed.
What you need?
- You must have applied to MCC and have a MCC student ID number
- You must bring a valid government-issued photo ID
Not sure if you need placement testing?
Fill out the online Testing Survey to find out if you need any kind of testing.
If you do need to test, follow these steps:
- Apply for admission several days before testing to obtain a student ID.
- If you have taken the ACT test, bring an official copy of your scores when you come
to test or have scores sent to our Student Data Center:
Metropolitan Community College
Student Data Center
Kansas City, Mo. 64111
- A valid government-issued photo ID is required for all testing .
- Allow at least two hours to take the test.
- Handheld calculators will not be allowed. Accuplacer system calculator will be provided.
- The first Accuplacer test is free charge, even if sections are taken on different dates. The cost to retest for any one section or the full test package is $25.