Degree and Certificate Awarded
This is a professional certificate that gives the GIS user the tools needed to obtain a good job in the field of GIS or to advance in their chosen field. It also prepares students to complete their AA degree or transfer to a four-year institution. GIS professionals are found in the fields of city, county and state government, economics, natural resources, conservation, pollution, industry, science, infrastructure planning, public works, transportation, architecture, education, healthcare, travel, and space industry.
- Mapping global warming over time
- Predicting and preparing for natural disasters
- Tracking and controlling wildfires
- Keeping runways and airways safe
- Protecting our fish population
- Preserving our rain forests
- Sailing safer on the deep blue sea
- Helping you navigate your auto route
- Search for missing children
- Identifying and locating your customers
- ... and more!