MCC Penn Valley Tutoring Location:
Learning Resource Building, Second Floor
The Student Success Center (SSC) is located on the second floor of the Learning Resources building, above the library.
Our mission is to provide academic support to students as they work to become independent learners. The SSC offers FREE tutoring for students enrolled in MCC courses. Our tutors offer assistance in a variety of subjects. Support for specific subjects may vary from semester to semester, depending on our current staffing.
We promote student engagement in the learning process and are committed to maintaining high standards, encouraging student success and creating lifelong learners. The full-time SSC staff offer help with study skills, test-taking strategies, organization, goal setting and more. To schedule an appointment, please call 816.604.4292 or contact the staff member directly:
Academic Success Tips from the Student Success Center:
- Attend every class.
- Be on time.
- If you arrive late, take a seat quietly without disrupting the class.
- Let your instructor know if you must miss class.
- Read and keep track of the syllabus.
- Take notes in class.
- Review your notes every day after class.
- Do your assignments and turn them in on time.
- Begin papers/projects when the instructor assigns them.
- Read the assigned chapter before class.
- Utilize the Student Success Center before you have a problem in class.
- Get to know your classmates and form study groups.
- Take a realistic course load.
- Participate in campus activities.
- Eat healthy and get plenty of sleep.
All services are provided free of charge to students currently enrolled in MCC courses.