MCC-Longview tutoring and peer mentoring can be located through the virtual platform Zoom. Visit mcckc.edu/coronavirus for complete and up-to-date information.
What You Can Expect from Us in Live Virtual Tutoring
- Answer academic questions and share learning skills and tools to the best of our ability.
- Respond as professionals to your requests and concerns.
- Connect you to other helpful resources on and off campus.
- Support you in your effort to achieve academic success.
What We Expect From You in Live Virtual Tutoring
- Be sure your computer is able to have reliable Internet access, accept Zoom meetings with audio and video capacities, and fully charged when utilizing our virtual services in order to have an optimal session. If you need any ADA accommodations, please allow us 24 hours to set that up for you.
- Come ready with questions and with any material from class, like class notes and/or writing assignment sheets, that would better help us assist you.
- Abide by MCC’s Student Code of Conduct while working with a tutor.
Academic Success Programs: Peer Tutoring and Mentoring
Our mission is to promote student learning, enhance the chances for student success, and contribute to student retention through academic support.
Academic Success Programs provides FREE services to students currently enrolled at MCC. Services are designed to support students as they pursue their academic goals and become independent learners. The services provided assist with:
- Improving study skills
- Increasing understanding of course content
- Enhancing self-confidence
- Encouraging positive attitudes toward learning
- Increasing self-motivation
- Encouraging self-discovery and resiliency
Academic Tutoring - Math, Writing, and Other Subjects
- Assistance with course content. Focused on understanding course material.
Academic Transition - Peer Mentoring
- Assistance with the transition to college from the workplace or high school. Focused on creating effective habits and study strategies.
Academic Intervention - Back on Track - Peer Mentoring
- Assistance with resiliency techniques and study strategies. Focused on balancing academic and personal goals.
Academic Workshops - Watch for announcements
- If you are a faculty member seeking an academic workshop, please contact Joe Barnhill at firstname.lastname@example.org.