Monday – Thursday:
9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Learning Resource Building, 2nd Floor
For more information, please contact: 816.604.2205
Academic Success Programs: Peer Tutoring and Mentoring
Our mission is to promote student learning, enhance the chances for student success, and contribute to student retention through academic support.
Academic Success Programs provides FREE services to students currently enrolled at MCC. Services are designed to support students as they pursue their academic goals and become independent learners. The services provided assist with:
- Improving study skills
- Increasing understanding of course content
- Enhancing self-confidence
- Encouraging positive attitudes toward learning
- Increasing self-motivation
- Encouraging self-discovery and resiliency
Academic Tutoring - Math, Writing, and Other Subjects
- Assistance with course content. Focused on understanding course material.
Academic Transition - Peer Mentoring
- Assistance with the transition to college from the workplace or high school. Focused on creating effective habits and study strategies.
Academic Intervention - Back on Track - Peer Mentoring
- Assistance with resiliency techniques and study strategies. Focused on balancing academic and personal goals.
Academic Workshops - Watch for announcements
- If you are a faculty member seeking an academic workshop, please contact Joe Barnhill at firstname.lastname@example.org.