To facilitate the acquisition of skills and knowledge for efficient, safe, evidence based patient care through simulated healthcare experiences, and promote the need for life-long learning.
MCC's Virtual Hospital is a 10,000 sq. ft., accredited, healthcare simulation center that provides an unmatched learning environment for healthcare providers and students. The Virtual Hospital is a realistic healthcare facility that hosts a variety of events and collaborates with businesses and organizations.
The Virtual Hospital space includes:
- The simulation rooms closely mimic hospital departments providing a clinical environment for students and professionals to safely practice their skills.
- Each of the 6 simulation rooms are fully equipped and can be staged to resemble: Acute care, Emergency Departments, Pediatrics, Labor and Delivery, Home Living Environments and much more.
- Educational Electronic Health Record with individual patient tablets and scanners.
- In addition to a safe and realistic learning environment, the 6 simulation rooms offer high quality audio/visual recording capabilities with CAE's Learning Space Intuity system. Each of the patient rooms have 2 cameras, one wall-mounted and one ceiling-mounted, for optimal recording with zoom capabilities to capture all the details within the learning environment.
- Learn more about Learning Space Intuity.
Adjacent to each of the 6 simulation rooms are private debriefing rooms for optimal learning opportunities. Each debrief room has a large screen for live-streaming during the simulation and instant playback during debriefing sessions. Debriefing can also be recorded for later review.
Behind the 2-way glass mirror in each simulation room is a control room. This space allows our staff to be able to discretely operate the mannequin in the simulation room and not be seen by students, creating a realistic experience for students.
The Virtual Hospital has a classroom space available for use in addition to the simulation and debriefing rooms. This versatile 726 sq foot space is also equipped with audio/visual capabilities for meetings and presentations. (Space needed for larger groups is also available, located within the Health Science Institute campus).
Our Human Patient Simulators:
The Virtual Hospital Simulation Center is home to 18 incredibly life-like, High-Fidelity, Human Patient Simulators that mimic various patient scenarios giving us the ability to provide a wide variety of simulation experiences in a safe, controlled, clinical learning environment. The Virtual Hospital's family of simulators include the following:
- Two VICTORIA® S2200 – Maternal and Neonatal Birthing Simulator. Can also be used as a non-pregnant female simulator
- Two Susie® S2000 – The First Advanced Female Patient Simulator
- HAL® S3201 – Advanced Multipurpose Patient Simulator
- Pediatric HAL® S2225- Advanced Pediatric Patient Simulator
- HAL® S3005 – Five Year Old Pediatric Simulator
- HAL® S3004 – One Year Old Pediatric Simulator
- Two Newborn HAL® S3010 – A Neonate at 40 weeks Gestational Age
- Apollo Nursing-Advanced Wireless Patient Simulator
- METIman Nursing® – Advanced Wireless Patient Simulator
- METIman PreHospital® – Advanced Wireless Patient Simulato
- HPS® – Human Patient Simulator
- ECS® – Emergency Care Simulator
- PediaSIM® – 6 year old Child Human Patient Simulator
- iStan® – Advanced Wireless Patient Simulator
Scheduling the Virtual Hospital Facility
Scheduling Options for the Virtual Hospital:
- All MCC Lab Reservations: Scheduling guidelines and make a reservation (PDF)
- External rentals: Please email email@example.com for more information about renting space in the Virtual Hospital.
- Eve McGee, Ph.D., MSW, Director of Allied Health and Simulation
- Jayla Walker, Virtual Hospital Coordinator, 816.604.4477
- Todd Geringer,Virtual Hospital Simulation Faculty, 816.604.4518
- Christy Gallaher, Virtual Hospital Program Specialist, 816.604.4486
To request more information about educational opportunities for your students or employees please contact the MCC-Penn Valley Virtual Hospital staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.