FabLab membership now FREE for all MCC students and employees!
FabLab is a lab full of tools, technology, and training what you can create there is limitless.
In the FabLab, you can conceptualize, design, develop, fabricate, and test almost anything. If you are an artist, engineer, tinkerer, inventor, student, or own a businesses, the FabLab has the tools to make your craft better!
We boast six different prototyping technologies, three-dimensional scanning, metal working, vacuum forming, an array of wood working equipment, a plasma cutter, welding equipment, tubing bending and forming, as well as many other types of tools and technologies including a fully capable CADD and three-dimensional modeling lab.
- Metalworking tools MIG welder, pipe bender, manual lathe, manual mill
- Woodworking tools compound mitre saw, planer, wood lathe, jointer, etc.
- Programmable/automated machinery CNC plasma cutter, laser engraver, Prolight CNC mill, mechanical arms, etc.
- Prototyping 3D printing, 3D scanning, CAD software
- Hand tools saws, drills, screw drivers, hammers, pliers, etc.
- Electronics testing equipment, soldering station
- The Fablab is located in Technology Center, room 239 at the MCC- Business & Technology Campus. 1775 Universal Ave., Kansas City, Missouri, 64120.
- It is open to all MCC students, MCC employees, students from other colleges, and the community at large.
- FabLab is open Monday Thursday Noon 9 p.m., Friday 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- In order to use the FabLab, you must attend an Orientation/Safety class, which will cover general lab safety, tool and machine usage, and FabLab rules.
- Contact FabLab for additional information about membership, pricing, and safety policies.
To learn more about FabLab contact Lab Technician, Jen Dec at 816.604.5602. Check out our Google calendar below for upcoming events and activities.