The Health Science Institute (HSI) was designed to centralize the health career programs in one building that mimics both healthcare and real life settings, incorporates instructional methodologies such as; interdisciplinary simulated learning using state-of-the-art equipment and cloud base lecture capture which allows student access to learning materials 24/7. The combined elements of this model fosters student fellowship, life-long learning and supports student success. The health career programs are affordable, accredited and yield a good return on the student’s investment through high wage salaries.
Application deadline: February 15
As a radiologic technologist, you can expect to earn a starting salary of $18-22 per hour. Your earnings will grow along with your experience. The demand for radiologic technologists is currently greater than the supply. That means you'll find job openings virtually everywhere and for every shift.
Base salary and job outlook
- Median national wages (2008): $25.59 hourly, $53,227 annually
- Median Missouri wages: $23.46 hourly, $48,797 annually
- Projected job growth (national 2008-2018): faster than average, 17% increase
- Concern for Others: Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control: Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation: Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Integrity: Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance: Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Initiative: Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and considerable variety in the workplace.
- Achievement/Effort: Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.