For program information the Nursing Office can provide assistance. Please call the
Office at 816.604.4175
Office hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Professional Nursing Daytime Application Cycle (January 2020 start term)
If you experience any difficulties with your application, please contact Student Support Services at 816.604.1000.
The next application period will be from January 16, 2020 to February 5, 2020 for the Daytime Professional Nursing Program . The next Evening/Weekend application will be August 14th through September 5th, 2021.
Applicants may apply online during this time only.
*NOTE: Applications are only available during open application periods.
Related Degree Programs:
America needs Registered Nurses. It is one of the top 10 professions in the country. RNs have a wide range of duties:
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms
- Help perform diagnostic tests and analyze results
- Consult with physicians
- Start IV lines
- Operate medical equipment
- Administer treatments and medications
- Help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation
- Teach patients and their families how to manage illness or injury
- Explain post-treatment home care needs
- Recommend diet, nutrition and exercise programs
- Show how to self-administer medication and physical therapy
- Educate the public on warning signs and symptoms of disease
- Provide general health screening or immunization clinics, blood drives and public seminars
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and family members
RNs provide direction to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing aids.
Our two-year program gives you hands-on experience and excellent instruction in our state-of-the-art Health Science Institute. Our program gives you an associate's degree and prepares you to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.