MCC Campus(es): Penn Valley: Health Science Institute
How long does it take to earn a certificate or degree?
It takes two years to get an associate in applied science degree if attending full-time.
Will my credits transfer to other colleges or universities?
Yes. Most of our credits transfer easily. Check with your advisor or counselor and the transfer institution to make sure.
What does it take to succeed in this work?
Some of the characteristics needed for this career:
- Attention to detail.
- Able to document and present findings and opinions to the supervising attorney.
- Understand legal terminology and have good research and investigative skills.
- Know the operation and applications of computers in legal research and litigation support.
- Stay informed of new developments in the laws that affect your area of practice.
- Uphold the ethical standards of the legal profession.
What are the advantages of taking classes at MCC?
MCC delivers the most cost-effective career preparation in Kansas City, MO. We are a publicly funded college with quality programs and full accreditation.
- Our faculty includes working judges, lawyers and paralegals.
- Our faulty have both expertise in the law and experience working directly with paralegals.
- We emphasize modern technology: you'll have access to legal library resources as well as computer based research tools such as Westlaw.
- Our graduates are in demand.