MCC Campus(es): Business & Technology
How long does it take to earn a certificate or degree?
- Instrumentation and Controls certificate - about 1 year
- Industrial Technologies, Instrumentation & Controls associate's degree - about 2 years
- Many students complete the certificate, then take classes toward the A.A.S. degree part-time while working full-time.
How much does it cost?
MCC is a great value. Our tuition is one of the lowest in the area - about 1/3 that of public four-year schools and a tiny fraction of private colleges. We offer many ways to pay plus a tuition payment plan to make it even easier to afford college. Calculate your estimated tuition cost here.
Will my credits transfer to other colleges or universities?
Yes, this degree will transfer to the Technology Management B.S. degrees at the University of Central Missouri and at Missouri Western University. For more information, see an Academic Advisor.
What does it take to succeed in this work?
Some of the personal characteristics needed for this career:
- Integrity: Honesty and ethical thinking and behavior.
- Dependable: Responsible, reliable and dependable to fulfill obligations.
- Independence: Ability to direct and complete your work with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail: Ability to focus and be thorough with details.
- Stress tolerance: Ability to accept criticism and being able to deal rationally with stressful situations.
- Cooperation and concern for others: Ability to work well with others.
- Initiative: Willingness to take on tasks, responsibilities and challenges.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to use logic to address issues and problems.
- Innovation: Ability to think creatively to develop new ideas to solve work-related challenges.
What are the advantages of taking classes at MCC?
MCC delivers the most cost-effective technical career preparation in Kansas City, MO. We are a publicly funded college with quality programs and full accreditation.
- State-of-the-art labs with the same equipment you'll use in the industry
- Experienced instructors
- Our classes combine instructor-led and on-line learning with hands-on lab work.
- Convenient evening classes.
- Our graduates are in demand.