How long does it take to earn a certificate or degree?
- Industrial Technology, Industrial Maintenance associate's degree - about 2 years. Many students complete the certificate, then take classes toward the A.A.S. degree part-time while working full-time.
- Industrial Maintenance certificate - about 1 year
How much does it cost?
MCC is a great value. Our tuition is one of the lowest in the area - about 1/3 that of public four-year schools and a tiny fraction of private colleges. We offer many ways to pay plus a tuition payment plan to make it even easier to afford college. Calculate your estimated tuition cost here.
What is the advantage of taking classes at MCC?
You'll experience a very hands-on and interactive learning environment. Classes are small for personal instruction. You'll get dedicated instructors and excellent student services--all at an affordable cost.
- Our classes combine instructor-led and on-line learning with hands-on lab work.
- Industry professionals teach convenient evening classes.
- Employers love to hire our graduates.
Will my credits transfer to other colleges or universities?
This degree will transfer to the University of Central Missouri or DeVry University toward a B.S. degree in technology management. Check with an Academic Advisor for more transfer information.
Can the skills I've developed on the job count towards my certificate or degree?
Yes, you can test out of certain courses. We also offer credit for select federally approved apprenticeship programs.
Which companies hire program graduates?
Industrial maintenance mechanics work in a wide range of locations. Many maintain equipment in manufacturing companies. Others travel to service equipment at customer locations.
Are there other advantages to the Industrial Maintenance degree and certificate programs?
- Industrial maintenance mechanics are well paid for their knowledge, skill and experience.
- Skilled and knowledgeable maintenance mechanics are in high demand according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Many job openings stem from retirements within the field - Industrial Maintenance mechanics generally enjoy stable employment.