Degree and Certificate Awarded
- A.A.S. Industrial Maintenance
- Industrial Maintenance Certificate
- Industrial Technology Level I Certificate
- Industrial Automation Mechatronics Level II PLC Certificate
- Industrial Automation Mechatronics Level III PLC Certificate
- Instrumentation Level III Certificate
Industrial maintenance mechanics:
- Install, adjust, maintain and repair industrial production and processing machinery or refinery and pipeline distribution systems
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage or excessive wear
- Diagnose equipment problems through the analysis of test results, machine error messages and information obtained from operators
- Use problem solving, mechanical ability and manual dexterity to keep production lines running
Their work is critical to the success of production and processing endeavors. Troubleshooting, mechanical aptitude and critical thinking are essential skills. Work varies daily.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to earn a certificate or degree?
- Industrial Technology, Industrial Maintenance associate's degree - about 2 years. Many students complete the certificate, then take classes toward the A.A.S. degree part-time while working full-time.
- Industrial Maintenance certificate - about 1 year
How much does it cost?
MCC is a great value. Our tuition is one of the lowest in the area - about 1/3 that of public four-year schools and a tiny fraction of private colleges. We offer many ways to pay plus a tuition payment plan to make it even easier to afford college. Calculate your estimated tuition cost here.
What is the entry time for this program?
Spring, summer and fall semesters
Will my credits transfer to other colleges or universities?
This degree will transfer to the University of Central Missouri or DeVry University toward a B.S. degree in technology management. Check with an Academic Advisor for more transfer information.
Can the skills I've developed on the job count toward my certificate or degree?
Yes, you can test out of certain courses. We also offer credit for select federally approved apprenticeship programs.
What is the advantage of taking classes at MCC-Business & Technology?
You'll experience a very hands-on and interactive learning environment. Classes are small for personal instruction. You'll get dedicated instructors and excellent student services--all at an affordable cost.
- Our classes combine instructor-led and on-line learning with hands-on lab work.
- Industry professionals teach convenient day and evening classes.
- Employers love to hire our graduates.
Which companies hire program graduates?
Industrial maintenance mechanics work in a wide range of locations. Many maintain equipment in manufacturing companies. Others travel to service equipment at customer locations.
Are there other benefits or advantages of the Industrial Maintenance degree and certificate programs?
- Industrial maintenance mechanics are well paid for their knowledge, skill and experience.
- Skilled and knowledgeable maintenance mechanics are in high demand according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Many job openings stem from retirements within the field - Industrial Maintenance mechanics generally enjoy stable employment.
Still have quetions? Contact Program Coordinator Eric Wehmuellerat 816.604.5245.