MCC Campus(es) and Contacts:
MCC-Blue River: Melissa Eaton, 816.604.6621
MCC-Longview: Randy Moore, 816.604.2310
MCC-Maple Woods: Crystal Johnson, 816.604.3326
MCC-Penn Valley: Victorie Edwards, Ed.D., 816.604.4455
Research, analyze, record and interpret the past as recorded in sources, such as government and institutional records, newspapers and other periodicals, photographs, interviews, films and unpublished manuscripts, such as personal diaries and letters.
Sample of reported job titles: Archivist, Historian, Professor of History, University Archivist, Professor, Research Associate, Special Collections Librarian, College Archivist, Director of Education, Director of Programs. Most occupations in this area require a bachelor's degree or higher.
- Processing Information - Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing or verifying information or data.
- Documenting/Recording Information - Entering, transcribing, recording, storing or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization - Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing or by telephone or email.
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others - Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
- Training and Teaching Others - Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Analyzing Data or Information - Identifying the underlying principles, reasons or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships - Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public - Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.