MCC-Business & Technology
James Wellman, 816.604.5422
When can I begin classes?
Classes begin every eight weeks: August, October, January, March or at the beginning of fall, summer or spring semesters. Our EHS classes are hybrid (1/2 live and 1/2 online).
How long does it take to earn a certificate or degree?
A 31 credit certificate takes a full-time student one year (12 credit-hours per semester). An Associate in Applied Science degree in Environmental Health and Safety can be earned in two years and requires 64-68 credit hours.
How much does it cost?
MCC is a great value. Our tuition is one of the lowest in the area - about 1/3 that of public four-year schools and a tiny fraction of private colleges. We offer many ways to pay plus a tuition payment plan to make it even easier to afford college. Calculate your estimated tuition cost here.
Will my credits transfer to other colleges or universities?
Most general education courses transfer easily. Check with your advisor or counselor for transfer information.
The AAS degree with safety emphasis will transfer directly into the University of Central Missouri Safety Management bachelor's degree program.
The AAS with environmental emphasis will transfer to the University of Findlay.
Can the skills I've developed on the job count toward my certificate or degree?
No,however your MCC certificate does count toward an Associate in Applied Science degree (A.A.S). Also, OSHA Institute 40-Hour HAZWOPER, OSHA 500, and OSHA 501 count as college credit.
What does it take to succeed in this work?
Some of the personal characteristics needed for this career:
- Integrity: Honest and ethical.
- Analytical thinking: Logic in analyzing work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to detail: Ability to focus and to be thorough with details.
- Dependability: Responsible, reliable and dependable to fulfill obligations.
- Cooperation: Positive, pleasant attitude in order to work in a team environment.
- Initiative: Willingness to take on tasks, responsibilities and challenges.
- Achievement/effort: Drive and ambition to meet personally challenging goals and put effort into mastering job tasks.
- Adaptability/flexibility: Able to cope with sudden, rapid changes with work and scheduling.
- Independence: Ability to work with little or no supervision and depend on yourself to complete job tasks.
- Persistence: Ability to stick with difficult job tasks in the face of adversity to fulfill work assignments.
What are the advantages of taking classes at MCC?
MCC delivers the most cost-effective technical career preparation in Kansas City, MO. We are a publicly funded college with quality programs and full accreditation.
- Our classes combine instructor-led and on-line learning with hands-on lab work.
- State-of-the-art labs train with the same equipment you'll find in industry.
- Industry-experienced professionals teach evening classes.
- Our graduates are in demand.
- MCC-Business & Technology is unique in offering EHS classes for industry.
- MCC is the only college in the Kansas City area that offers undergraduate credit classes, non-credit classes and continuing education classes in Environmental Health and Safety.
- The skills and knowledge you learn can be directly applied to the work place.
- For more info on enrollment, financial aid, scholarships and the application process call 816.604.1000.
Still have questions? Contact James Wellman, 816.604.5422