Starting the June 2021 application period, applicants will be reviewed
under these prerequisite requirements
All requirements must be met by all applicants prior to the start of any given application period.
***This includes those students with degrees and previous college course work***
Steps to apply
ACCUPLACER® Test: This test will assess your current skill level in reading, writing and mathematics and determine which courses in these areas you should start out in to help ensure student success. If you are currently in college or have attended in the past, you may not be required to take the test. ACT and SAT scores or dual credit can also be used in place of the test.
Prerequisites for admission to the Lineman Program include:
- Apply to Metropolitan Community College
- Completion of high school or equivalent
- Take the ACCUPLACER© placement test at the MCC-Business & Technology library or any MCC campus testing center. Visit the testing center website for dates and times and sample questions.
- Students must successfully complete the required prerequisite courses prior to beginning the program:
- Reading: READ 100 or higher
- English: ENGL 101
- Math: MATH 103 or higher
The application process also consists of:
- Completion of the Lineman Program Application. Please use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
To complete the application you will need your MCC Student ID Number and password. You will need to enter the “S" in the front of your student ID number.
- Current resume
- Lineman interview
- Signed, Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnification Agreement.
Applications accepted August 1 to April 1 to start the program in the summer semester. The application period ends at 4:00 p.m. the last day of the application period.
Admission criteria to the program is subject to change without notice. If changes are made to the admission criteria, the applicant will need to meet all requirements that are in effect at the time of application. Successful completion of the requirements necessary for admission to the program does not guarantee acceptance to the program.