MCC-Business & Technology
Leonard Gardner, 816.604.5210
How long does it take to earn a certificate or degree?
It only takes five courses in the program to be job ready. Typically, our students will then get a job and take courses part time to complete the associate in applied science degree over a three-to-four year period.
How much does it cost?
MCC is a great value. Our tuition is one of the lowest in the area - about 1/3 that of public four-year schools and a tiny fraction of private colleges. We offer many ways to pay plus a tuition payment plan to make it even easier to afford college. Calculate your estimated tuition cost here.
Will my credits transfer to other colleges or universities?
Yes. Credits from this degree transfer to University of Central Missouri's Bachelor of Science in Technology Management degree.
Can the skills I've developed on the job count toward my certificate or degree?
Yes, you can test out of certain courses. We offer credit for select federally approved apprenticeship programs.
What does it take to succeed in this work?
Some of the personal characteristics needed for this career:
- Problem sensitivity. The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Oral expression. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written comprehension. The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. Deductive reasoning. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Speech clarity. The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Information ordering. The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, math operations).
- Inductive reasoning. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Far vision. The ability to see details at a distance.
- Near vision. The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
What are the advantages of taking classes at MCC?
MCC delivers the most cost-effective technical career preparation in Kansas City, MO. We are a publicly funded college with quality programs and full accreditation.
- Our classes combine instructor-led and on-line learning with hands-on lab work.
- State-of-the-art labs train with the same equipment you'll find in industry.
- Industry-experienced professionals teach convenient day and evening classes.
- Our graduates are in demand.