Campus(es): MCC-Blue River, Public Safety Institute
Contact: Blue River PSI, 816.604.6700
To prevent cancellation of class, all officers must register seven days prior to course.
Please note: All students will follow the current required health guidelines for MCC, Kansas City MO and Jackson County. At this time it includes: a temperature check for all students, wearing a mask and social distancing.
3-Day Block Training Courses
Training dates are as follows:
- March 9-11
- May 11-13
- July 13-15
- September 14-16
- November 16-18
The CLEE training requirements for the Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021 reporting period are outlined below. Please note the two new training topics required for the 2021 reporting period listed below.
- Peace officers licensed prior to Jan. 1, 2021 must obtain 24 hours of Continuing Law Enforcement Education (CLEE) by Dec. 31, 2021, with at least 8 of the 24 hours coming from an "Approved Provider" of training. Of these 24 hours, officers must obtain a minimum of:
- 2 hours in Legal Studies;
- 2 hours in Technical Studies;
- 2 hours in Interpersonal Perspectives;
- 2 hours of Skill Development in the area of Firearms;
- 16 hours of Electives (Any of the above-listed core curricula areas);
- 1 hour of Racial Profiling training;
- 1 hour of Implicit Bias training; and
- 1 hour of De-escalation training.
- Racial Profiling, Implicit Bias, and De-escalation training are part of the required 24 hours, not in addition to it.
Police Specialty Classes
Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC) Instructor Course - April 19-28
Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC) Instructor Recertification Couse - April 2
Registration for all blocks can be accessed using the link below.
MCC-Blue River PSI offers an agency contract pricing which is less expensive than the CEU hourly rate. (Exception: Instructor level and specialty classes are not covered by contract). All courses are $10 per CEU hour except for contracted agencies.