Login to myMCCKC to access your StudentCenter account.
There you can:
- Pay fees
- Check financial aid status
- Set-up payment plan
You are responsible for paying all college charges. If your financial aid award, scholarship or payment from an external source becomes unavailable or is insufficient to pay charges, you must pay the balance immediately. If you have outstanding charges, a financial hold will be placed on your account. These charges must be paid before you will be able to re-enroll or receive a diploma or transcript.
MCC will begin immediate collection efforts that may include placing your account with the Missouri income tax intercept program and/or an outside collection agency. You will be responsible for all collection costs.
If you decide not to attend a class, you must officially drop that class within the published refund period, or be charged for it. DO NOT assume you will be dropped automatically.
You are responsible to pay any fines resulting from the loss of or damage to MCC property--unreturned library books, for example. You are also responsible to pay fines assessed for campus tobacco or parking violations. Failure to pay these fines will result in restrictions on enrollment and release of transcripts.
If you have a past due or delinquent balance, there are three available options:
Option 1: Pay your balance in full.
- Payments can be made online, in person, or by calling Delinquent Account Services (DAS) at (816) 604-1500. Contact hours at DAS are Monday thru Thursday 8 am- 6:30 pm and Friday 8 am – 12 pm.
- Once a balance is paid in full, any collection holds on your account will be removed.
Option 2: Sign up for a payment plan.
- Most balances of $90 or more are eligible for an online past due payment plan. From multiple plan options, you can choose the plan that best suits your needs from MCC’s online payment center. Automatic payments are required with due dates every month, or every two weeks from the date you enroll in the plan. Eight different plans are available:
- Plans with no enrollment fee:
- 1 month plan – pay half now and half in one month
- 6 week plan – pay one-third every 2 weeks from plan enrollment date
- 8 week plan – pay one-fourth every 2 weeks from plan enrollment date
- Plans with $35 non-refundable enrollment fee:
- 3 month plan
- 6 month plan
- 12 month plan -- $420 minimum balance required
- 18 month plan -- $1001 minimum balance required
- 24 month plan -- $1501 minimum balance required
- Holds restricting enrollment and transcripts will remain on the account until the balance is paid in full.
- $20 late fee will be added for an unpaid installment after 30 days.
- Account will be referred to an outside collections agency with two consecutive unpaid installments
Option 3: Account is referred to outside collections.
- Accounts not paid in full or enrolled in a past due plan within one semester are subject to being sent to an outside collection agency.
Any MCC student account with a balance not covered by financial aid, third party payment or on a payment plan in an active term is subject to be dropped for non-payment and receive an overdue fee account hold. This hold restricts both enrollment and receiving of official transcripts.
MCC collection of a student's account is initiated around 90 days after the start of the semester. The College will make a reasonable attempt to notify the student of the status of the account and impending collection action. While this contact usually is in the form of a letter, notification may also be made by telephone and/or email. Also at this time an additional hold will be placed on the account, referencing that it is now in MCC Delinquent Accounts.
If an individual fails to resolve the balance within one semester, the debt will be placed with an outside collection agency, where the student is responsible for all collections costs up to 25% of the balance. With this placement, the account can only be paid at the referred agency. Upon submission to a collection agency, individuals may be reported to one or more nationally recognized credit reporting bureaus. If an account was reported to the collection agency in error, the collection agency will be notified within 30 days of the date that the College receives notification of the error.
Any past due balance is also subject to be referred for the State of Missouri Tax Offset program for possible interception of the account holders State of Missouri tax refund. Any funds intercepted are posted by MCC toward the account balance owed.
Account balances placed with the agency and then returned to MCC as uncollectible, may be paid at MCC. However, MCC will only accept the balance paid in full, paid with guaranteed funds. Check payments will not be accepted.
Electronic checks (ACH) and paper checks returned to MCC by the bank are handled as follows:
- Payment of the returned check and fee are due immediately. Failure to pay may result in classes being dropped or referral to the outside collection agency for the full amount of the student account balance. If referred to the agency, the student is responsible for collection costs of up to 25% of the balance.
- Account holds will be placed for restriction of enrollment and transcripts.
- A notification of the returned check will be sent to students MCCKC student email account.
- Types of Returns:
- Insufficient Funds – this type of return is submitted a second time to the bank. If returned a second time, the check amount will be posted to the student account and assessed a $25 returned check fee. No checks will be accepted as payment on the student’s account for one year after the return is paid.
- Stop Payment, Refer to Maker, Closed Account, Frozen Funds, and Unauthorized Entry – these types of returns are not submitted to the bank a second time. The check amount will be posted to the student account and assessed a $25 returned check fee. No checks will be accepted as payment on the student’s account for one year after the return is paid.
- Invalid Account and Account Not Found – these types of returns are not submitted to the bank a second time. The return amount will be posted to the student account with no additional fees.