Skip to main content MCC Crescent Shape Search RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram chevron pointing down

Student Complaints

Complaint Notification

Students who have complaints in the following categories do not need to exhaust the internal complaint procedure.

  • Complaints of criminal misconduct may be filed directly with local law enforcement authority.
  • Complaints related to violations of federal law may be filed directly with the federal agency overseeing the law (see Notice of Non-discrimination and FERPA Policy).

Students who have other complaints with MCC must first exhaust MCC’s internal complaint process. Students who have exhausted the internal complaint process may submit their complaints as follows:

  • All complaints may be lodged with the Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE) only after exhaustion of all informal and formal institutional processes. MDHE requires as a prerequisite to filing any formal complaint that the student verify exhaustion of all informal and formal remedies. A student must first call MDHE at 573.526.1577 to indicate their desire to file a complaint. At that time the MDHE will ascertain whether the issue can be resolved through informal means and also determine whether the administrative process available within MCC has been exhausted. If after screening the applicant still desires to initiate a formal complaint, the MDHE will send complainant the form to fill out and return for that purpose.

Read MCC's Student Complaint District Procedure (PDF)