MCC student athletes, teams earn academic honors from NJCAA
July 17, 2020
By Stephanie Whittler
The National Junior College Athletic Association has announced the 2019-20 Academic Teams of the Year and All-Academic Awards. Despite significant challenges due to COVID-19, MCC student athletes adapted and persevered, flourishing academically. We are proud to announce that four athletic teams and 19 student athletes earned these honors.
Teams selected as Academic Teams of the Year must have averaged a 3.0 GPA or higher for the year. MCC teams receiving this recognition were women’s cross country (3.59 average GPA), men’s cross country (3.34), volleyball (3.16) and softball (3.15).
Student athletes earn individual academic honors by achieving a GPA of 3.60 or higher for the academic year:
All-Academic First Team: 4.0 GPA
- Drew Reischman (baseball)
- Austyn Smith (men’s cross country)
- Whitney Smith (volleyball)
All-Academic Second Team: 3.80-3.99 GPA
- Hollyn Achens (women’s soccer)
- Kyleigh Block (volleyball)
- Masyn Burnsides (softball)
- Jennifer Ensign (women’s golf)
- Manuel Escobar (men’s soccer)
- McKenzie Green (volleyball)
- Kaitlyn Haller (volleyball)
All-Academic Third Team: 3.60-3.79 GPA
- Cameron Deatherage (men’s cross country)
- Morgan Durrill (women’s basketball and soccer)
- Owen Forck (baseball)
- Chiane Harlan (softball)
- Aubrie Heck (women’s cross country)
- Ethan Holman (men’s cross country)
- Hannah Pond (women’s soccer)
- Kacie White (softball)
- Wasuton Win Janis (women’s cross country)
Congratulations on these honors!
Across the country, 9,555 student athletes at two-year colleges were recognized. To see the complete list of NJCAA honorees and learn more, visit njcaa.org.