Skip to main content MCC Crescent Shape Search RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram chevron pointing down

Tuition Assistance

If you will be using tuition assistance through the military, you will need to submit an approved TA Authorization to the Cashier's Office or Enrollment Center at your campus, and ask them to forward it to Longview for processing with a request to hold your classes.

If your TA administrator requests a program plan of study, you should be able to use a printed class schedule and account summary of fees. Your campus Cashier's Office should be able to provide this for you.

Each branch of service has its own rules and methods of applying for TA, so you'll need to contact your unit for application assistance. For additional assistance, email MCC third party billing.

The Department of Defense Memorandum of Instruction (DOD MOU) enumerated in Executive Order 13607 of 2014 established changes to Federal Tuition Assistance that will impact you.


  1. Grades below a “C” for undergraduate work (certificates, associates, bachelor’s degrees) and grades below a “B” for graduate work will be recouped for classes with a start date of July 24 or after.
  2. Federal TA will not pay any fees. Make sure your itemized bill clearly shows the cost of “tuition”. If your itemized bill shows “undergraduate course fee” your tuition will not be approved. It must clearly state “tuition”. Tuition is the only cost the Army will pay.
  3. Federal TA applications MUST be approved before the start date of the class. All applications for federal TA must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the course start date.

It is important to backwards plan your enrollment process to meet the new deadline for submitting applications. For soldiers enrolling in the fall semester the following are preliminary and proactive steps:

  1. Verify your user name and password. Log in now to verify it.
  2. Check to see if you have any holds on your account. If you do, start now at resolving the holds.
  3. Make sure you are not flagged at your unit for adverse actions, APFT or AWCP. Maintain the standards. If you are flagged at your unit it may take 45-60 days to have the hold removed on GoArmyEd.
  4. Enroll in your class(es) as early as possible.
  5. Contact MCC and talk to an academic advisor. All required paperwork will be filled out by an Academic Advisor and emailed to the soldier for uploading to their GoArmy account
  6. Upload paperwork to GoArmy account.

GI Bill® Benefits and Tuition Assistance

The ability to use GI Bill® Benefits and Tuition Assistance together varies by branch of service and can vary between components within the branches of service depending on whether the service member is Active duty, Reserve, or National Guard. Please contact or 816.604.1561 for more detailed information.

MyCAA for Spouses

This benefit is available to spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2, including the spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members within those ranks. Spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders.

Military spouses must finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course. For further questions or assistance contact us at