Skip to main content MCC Crescent Shape Search RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram chevron pointing down

Transferring Articulation Credits

Steps for Transferring Articulation Credits

  1. High school counselors, teachers and MCC representatives inform students about articulation and discuss benefits and process.
  2. The student enrolls in an articulated program or course.
  3. By November of the first semester of the student's senior year, the secondary school submits the names and addresses of the students enrolled in each articulated program or course to the MCC Career & Technical Education office.
  4. In May, the secondary school notifies the Career & Technical Education Office which students have completed the articulated program or course successfully according to the agreement requirements.
  5. The student must enroll at MCC within two years of high school graduation to take advantage of advanced standing articulated credit.
  6. At high school graduation, a letter of congratulations and instructions to obtain advanced standing articulated credit at MCC is mailed to the student.
  7. To enroll at MCC, the student:
    • Selects and, if possible, visits the MCC college of their choice;
    • Requests that an official transcript from their high school be mailed to the Student Data Center, 3200 Broadway, KCMO, 64111;
    • Schedules a meeting with an adviser or counselor;
    • If the articulated program in which the student was enrolled requires the approval of a portfolio to obtain advanced standing credit, the student arranges to meet with the appropriate program coordinator for portfolio review.
  8. Once the student has completed the required number of courses per the articulation agreement, the courses are "transcripted" or added to their MCC transcript by the college Registrar.