Degree and certificate graduation requirements
To graduate, students must complete the requirements with a 2.0 minimum MCC grade point average on a four-point grade scale to be eligible for award of a degree or certificate. Some degrees may require a higher grade point average.
Students must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Complete 25% or more of the required credits at MCC and be enrolled anytime during the academic year of qualification for graduation.
- Complete 56 or more credits at MCC.
- Students pursuing occupational degree or certificate programs must complete a minimum of 25% of the required occupational credits at MCC.
Students participating in reverse transfer agreements, Active-duty military, their dependents, and Reservists and National Guard on active-duty are not required to be enrolled in the year of qualification for graduation.
You can participate in the MCC all-campus commencement if you have:
- Completed a degree/certificate in the fall semester of the previous year OR
- Applied for graduation and are on track to complete your required hours for a spring or summer degree/certificate
Do I have to pay a graduation fee?
No. There is no fee for adding your degree to your permanent record (transcript); receiving a diploma, cap and gown; and participating in commencement. The diploma will be mailed to you.
When will I get my diploma?
Your diploma will be mailed to you approximately 6-8 weeks after you graduate. Please be sure the address information in your student record is correct by visiting your myMCCKC Student Center.
Can I order a replacement diploma?
Yes. Replacement diplomas can be ordered by submitting a Duplicate Diploma Request Form. Instructions for submission are on the form. Duplicate diplomas can take up to 8 weeks to be processed and mailed.
For information about graduation requirements or commencement, contact your campus academic advisor or call 816.604.1000 .