3201 Southwest Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64111
M.Ed. Professional Development Specialist
Annette earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing and Sales from Texas Christian University and a Master of Education in Early Childhood Education Administration from Champlain College. Annette has worked in the field of education and business throughout her career. Over her career she worked in marketing departments, was a manager in the hospitality industry, a special needs infant teacher, director of early learning, adjunct faculty and a bilingual (Spanish) consultant for micro-enterprises and early learning organizations.
Currently, she writes external proposals, negotiates contracts, manages grants, and provides on-site services or presentations to clients of the Francis Institute. She has presented nationally and internationally on early childhood education, leadership and entrepreneurship topics.
Mrs. Farrell is a certified trainer for Desired Results Developmental Profile© Observation assessment tool, DRDP On-line, a CLASS observer and Trauma Informed Compassion without Fatigue Facilitator. Past professional affiliations include Member of the Missouri Governor’s Coordinating Board of Early Care and Education Workgroup, Member of Partners in Quality Enhancement Work Group, Member of Regional Collaborative Training Network and Home Visitor CDA Professional Development Specialist.
Her vision is to provide the best training opportunities and support for early childhood practitioners or students, allowing them to develop to their fullest potential.
M. Ed. Professional Development Specialist
Rose is a bilingual professional development specialist, holds a Master’s of Arts degree in Integrating the Arts into Curriculum. Her Baccalaureate of Science degree combines both the fields of Psychology and Social Work. Previous positions held range from Teacher Aid to Director of Child Care Facilities.
She maintains an ongoing career as a Professional Development Specialist, Instructor and Resource Specialist in the Early Childhood field. Her list of specializations includes offering Child Development Associate (CDA) training to Spanish participants.
In addition, Rose has served on the Missouri Accreditation, Mid-America AEYC, Missouri AEYC, and Foster Grandparent boards. Her commitment to extending quality care to children has led her to receive extensive training in curriculum (Creative Curriculum and Highscope) as well as Denver Developmental Screening Tests (Denver III). She is a CDA Council Representative and CDA advisor as well as an NAEYC validating authority, NAFCC Observer, and Command Spanish Instructor.
Francis Institute is a leader in the Early Childhood and Youth Development fields. Our staff serve on:
- Mid-America Association for the Education of Young Children board
- Missouri School Age Community Coalition board
- State professional development agencies
- National, regional, and state professional development task forces
Other key information about our staff:
- Customize training to meet the professional development needs of early childhood and youth workers in any setting.
- Participates in a national Career Pathways project to raise workforce quality, increase professional opportunities, and salaries of Youth workers.
- Offer training, in English and Spanish, to prepare candidates for Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, and Missouri Youth Development Credential.
- Collaborated in development of Missouri Youth Development Credential.
- Are national trainers for Developing Your Family Child Care Business.
- Are national trainers for the Strengths-Based Coaching® curriculum.
- Are national trainers for Afterschool KidzLit and KidzMath.