The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest award presented to an alumnus by the Metropolitan Community College Foundation. The award recognizes an alumnus who has brought honor to the College through professional achievements, leadership and community impact.
Nominations can be made by current MCC students and employees as well as community members. A nominee’s name remains in status for three years, after which the nomination may be re-submitted. Please type or print clearly. Acknowledgment of nominations will be sent to the nominators. Nominations will be accepted until selections are made.
The Distinguished Alumni honoree will receive the award at MCC’s 2020 commencement ceremony. A formal invitation will be sent to the honoree; attendance is mandatory. If the honoree is deceased, someone may accept the award posthumously.
How to Nominate:
Any member of the MCC community may nominate a Metropolitan Community College alumnus by completing a nomination form. Please note that nominees remain nominated for three (3) years after the receipt of their nomination.
The recipient of the Distinguished Alumni Award will be decided by the MCC Foundation Board of Directors Alumni Committee. A formal invitation to commencement will be sent to the honoree and a plaque will be displayed at MCC in their honor.
Award Selection Eligibility:
A nominee is eligible to receive the Distinguished Alumni Award if they have received a degree or certificate from Metropolitan Community College and have met the following criteria:
- Must be distinguished in their profession and/or community.
- Must demonstrate outstanding contributions at MCC and/or in the community.
- Must support MCC through any one, or combination, of the following:
- Providing internships for MCC students
- Philanthropic contributions
- Must be a person of such integrity and stature that MCC will take pride in their recognition.
An individual is ineligible to receive the award if:
- They are currently a candidate for any public office;
- They are currently a member of the award selection committee;
- They are a previous recipient of the award;
- They are a member of the MCC Foundation Board of Directors or MCC Board of Trustees;
- They are employed by the MCC Foundation.
Are You Ready to Nominate? Please Provide the Following
- Completed Distinguished Alumni Nomination Form
Download the Nomination Form
- A cover letter nominating the alumnus to be honored;
- A vitae or professional resume of the nominee;
- Two letters of support for the nominee from individuals other than the nominator;
- A list of awards and/or honors
Send completed nomination form and documents to:
ATTN: Distinguished Alumni Nomination 3200 Broadway
Kansas City, MO 64111
Questions? Contact Jessica Ramirez, Foundation Executive Director, at 816.604.1411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.