Skip to main content MCC Crescent Shape Search RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram chevron pointing down

What is Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?

SAP measures completion of coursework toward a certificate or degree. Federal regulations require us to monitor your progress. If you fall behind in coursework, or fail to achieve standards for GPA and completion of classes, you may lose eligibility for federal and state aid.

What is required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress?

  • Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
  • Maintain a cumulative successful completion rate of a minimum of 67.00% of courses attempted.
  • Complete an eligible academic program in no more than 150% of the number of hours to finish the program. For example, if your program requires 60 credit hours, financial aid will not help pay your costs after you have taken 90 credit hours.

MCC's complete Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy is available on our web page.

How do I know whether I am meeting the requirements for SAP?

If it is determined you are failing to meet the requirements we will notify you in your student email account.

Who can answer questions about my SAP status?

You can reach out to either your assigned financial aid or academic advisor for more information about your SAP status.

Financial Aid

Don't miss out!

Sign up for enrollment, financial aid and tuition information to receive timely text messages by texting MCCSUCCESS to 77295 from your mobile phone.

Message and data rates may apply. Text messages are sent on an as-needed basis. This service is provided per the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Text STOP to MCCSUCCESS to cancel or HELP for tech support.

Related Links