Fall: May 30
Spring: Nov 30
Summer: May 1
Scholarships: April 1
We encourage you to complete your Student Center “TO DO” list by the priority dates. This is when our financial aid offices' high volume period starts.
An A+ Opportunity to Fund Your College Education!
If your high school was a Missouri A+ school, you're in luck! You could get thousands of dollars to pay for college.
Your tuition is covered
The A+ program will pay your tuition (maximum of $175.25 per credit hour) to any Missouri public community college, vocational, or technical school. To be eligible for this benefit, you must enroll full-time (12 or more credit hours per semester) within 48 months after graduation from high school. Students providing service to any branch of the U.S. armed forces can defer their eligibility beyond the 48 months if they return to full-time student status within 12 months of the end of their military service. The benefits are paid by the state of Missouri after any federal or state grant for which you are eligible is applied.
You may use your A+ until you have completed 105 percent of the hours* required for the program in which you are currently enrolled or you complete a degree or certificate, whichever occurs first.
* Equal to 3 credit hours beyond the required hour for the degree or certificate.
105 percent includes the following:
- All hours, including developmental/remedial hours, taken at the student’s current institution.
- All known hours, including developmental/remedial hours, taken at any other A+ eligible institution.
- Hours taken at any non-eligible A+ institution, including out-of-state institutions, that the student’s current institution accepts in transfer.
105 percent excludes the following:
- Hours earned for work completed before high school graduation, including (but not limited to): dual credit, dual enrollment, technical education articulation, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate.
- Hours from a non-participating institution not accepted in transfer by a participating institution.
These benefits are paid for (maximum of $175.25 per credit hour) by the State of Missouri after any federal or state grant for which you are eligible is applied:
How A+ Works at MCC
|If you are receiving full tuition through Federal/State grants**, this includes:
||If you are receiving partial tuition through Federal/State grants*, this includes:
||If you are not eligible for Federal/State grants*:
|A+ Student pays:
||A+ Student pays:
||A+ Student pays:
|** Based on the results of the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA)|
Tuition (maximum of $175.25 per credit hour) benefits are subject to change without
notice. You are responsible for books and individual course fees† (i.e., lab, internet,
studio fees, clinical, other fees assessed to students in a variety of specialized
Funding for the Student Financial Incentives portion of the A+ Schools program is the sole responsibility of the State of Missouri. The A+ Schools Program may provide these educational incentives subject to state funding approval.
If you have met these requirements:
- A U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen, or lawfully present in the U.S.
- Entered into a written agreement with the high school prior to graduation.
- Attended a designated A+ high school for 3 consecutive years prior to graduation.
- Graduated with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
- Performed at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring, of which up to 25% may include job shadowing.
- Maintained a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, have achieved a score of Proficient or Advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam or a higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics.
The scholarship will reimburse the unpaid balance of tuition (maximum of $175.25 per credit hour) and the MCC General Fee after all available, non-loan federal financial assistance, such as the federal Pell grant, has been applied to an account. This may result in a zero award if the Pell grant is sufficient to cover all tuition and general fee charges. The amount reimbursed may be reduced if there are insufficient state appropriations. The MCC General Fee is charged to all students and does not include fees specific to an individual program or group of students.
- Reimbursement will be made for completed coursework, including remedial coursework, for which a standard grade was assigned and that is required by the institution for the completion of the degree or certificate.
- The amount of reimbursement paid for coursework for which a standard grade was not assigned (dropped coursework — after the 100% refund period), including coursework in a withdrawn status, will be reduced from reimbursement requests. In short, you did not successfully complete on or more courses for which A+ was awarded therefore your A+ award will be reduced by the cost of that course (or courses) and you will be responsible for paying the balance.
- Repeat coursework will not be reimbursed.
- Coursework that is part of a higher level certificate or degree taken after receipt of a certificate will be reimbursed if it is related to the original certificate.
A+ student enrollment steps
In order to start the enrollment process, students will need to apply to MCC first by completing the Online Application.
For additional information, see A+ Guidelines (PDF).