March 2, 2022
Given the decrease in local COVID-19 numbers and our ongoing guidance from regional health officials, effective immediately, MCC will no longer require face masks to be worn while on campus, at MCC facilities or at MCC-sponsored events. As a precaution, we will continue intensive cleaning in our facilities.
We are grateful for this good news, but also recognize the virus will continue to evolve. We also know that some employees and students, particularly those at high risk because of medical conditions, will choose to continue wearing masks.
Despite the number of COVID-19 cases dropping, we are still in a global pandemic. If you have COVID symptoms, please do not come to campus. Curative offers free COVID-19 testing at our Longview, Maple Woods and Penn Valley campuses (look for the kiosks in respective parking lots).
As we have throughout the pandemic, we will continue to monitor local COVID-19 metrics and will adjust our protocols as needed.
Thank you for helping to keep you, your loved ones and our community safe and helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Dr. Kimberly Beatty
Access to Technology
For those needing access to the technology required to participate in remote learning, we have resources available to you:
- Social distancing and deep cleaning protocols are in place to make our labs a safe learning environment.
- Laptop computers are available for check-out at our campus libraries. More information about our libraries, including hours of operation is available at mcckc.edu/library.
Since the emergence of the Omicron variant, there is an increased demand for testing. If you have been directly exposed to someone with COVID or display any of the symptoms of the virus, you are strongly encouraged to get tested. MCC is partnering with Curative to offer testing at the following locations:
- MCC-Maple Woods – In parking lot 4 to the west of the Administration Building - Tuesday, Thursday 8 A.M. – 3 P.M.
- MCC-Penn Valley – In parking lot B next to the Engineering Technology Building - Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8 A.M. – 3 P.M.
Quarantine measures, which are more stringent than local, state and national recommendations, will remain in effect.
The safety protocols that were in place during the Fall 2021 semester will remain in place for the beginning of the Spring 2022 semester. These protocols include:
- Deep cleaning and sanitization using virucides will continue on a nightly basis with additional cleaning taking place during the work day.
- Increased self-help cleaning kits and hand sanitization stations are available throughout the campuses.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning improvements continue:
- Systems are set to continue to bring in additional outside air
- Filters are changed on a more frequent basis
- Numerous repairs and improvements were made to improve indoor air quality and air flow.
Click on a category heading below for more information.
- Campus tours will continue.
- In-person student and community activities continue with appropriate Executive Cabinet member approval.
- All instructional modalities will be deployed.
- Student and Instructional Support Services functions, including the bookstores, allow for walk-ins, but appointments are encouraged.
- Athletic practices are permitted following guidelines from NJCAA and Region 16.
- Athletic games and travel are permitted based on guidelines from NJCAA and Region 16, in accordance with MCC's student travel guidelines.
- Effective September 17, College-sponsored student travel will require vaccination. For those students who require an accommodation, a negative COVID-19 test will have to be provided within 72 hours of travel.
- College employees who travel with students for College-sponsored activities will also be required to be vaccinated or provide a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of travel.
- Study Abroad or any other college-sponsored international travel is suspended until further notice.
- Vendors and external customers are permitted on MCC premises.
- Vendors and external customers must follow all safety measures in place.
- All employees are asked to complete their work on-site. Employees with health concerns should continue to work with their supervisor and HR to request accommodations. Teaching faculty may choose to teach virtually from the classroom on-site.
- Face-to-face interviews may continue.
- New employee orientation may continue.
- Overnight cleaning of spaces with EPA approved viricides for sanitation will continue.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of public spaces will occur throughout the day as scheduled.
- All classrooms, labs, and offices have disinfecting wipes and/or cleaning supplies provided.
- Employees will wipe down shared spaces prior to and after use.
- Social distancing, when possible, is encouraged.
- MCC will follow local and state regulations on building/room occupancy.
- Hand washing is encouraged and hand sanitizer and hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the campuses and buildings.
- Individuals that display any of the following COVID-19 symptoms should not come to work or the classroom:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Face-to-face meetings are permitted, but virtual meetings are encouraged.
- Selection of an appropriately sized conference room will be required.
- All are encouraged to continue to use stairs, when possible, to avoid crowding elevators.
- MCC sponsored travel is permitted with approval from a member of the Executive Cabinet.
- Air travel is permitted following CDC guidelines.
- Training and programming may continue following appropriate safety guidelines.
Click on the category heading for more information. If you do not see the service below, please use the link in the navigation on the left.
Appointments are available virtually and in person by appointment. The most convenient way for you to reach an MCC advisor is through My Success Network in Starfish.
To reach My Success Network in Starfish, take the following actions:
- Log into myMCCKC
- Click on the Starfish Button
- Your Success Network has links to connect with your assigned advisor. During this time of remote instruction and service, email will be the most effective communication method.
Online Order, Ship to customer Instructions
- Place your order at bkstr.com/mcckcstore
- Ship order to your place of residence for a flat fee
- Or select free pick-up at any campus
- Please allow one business day to process same-campus pick-ups and an additional 3-5 business days for shipping if you have chosen to pick up at a different campus
Instructions to Order Books
Financial Aid can be applied to textbook purchases 8/12/21-8/30/21. Online orders should be placed on or before 8/29/21.
Each MCC bookstore carries the materials required for courses hosted at that location. Refer to the 4-digit Section Number on your student schedule to determine the host campus for each course.
- 2XXX = MCC-Longview
- 3XXX = MCC-Maple Woods
- 4XXX = MCC-Penn Valley
- 6XXX = MCC-Blue River
- 7XXX = MCC-Online (at MCC-Penn Valley)
Bookstore hours for MCC-Blue River, MCC-Longview, MCC-Maple Woods, and MCC-Penn Valley:
- Monday 9 A.M. – 3 P.M.
- Tuesday 9 A.M. – 3 P.M.
- Wednesday 9 A.M. – 6 P.M.
- Thursday 9 A.M. – 3 P.M.
- Friday 9 A.M. – 12 P.M.
*All MCC bookstores are closed Monday, September 6th in observance of Labor Day
The bookstores cannot accept past due rentals from previous semesters. If your collateral has been successfully charged the purchase price of your unreturned textbook, you may be able to sell it as a buyback at valorebooks.com/sell-textbooks
**Please note the MCC Library boxes are not for textbooks rented from the bookstore.
The last day to return Fall course materials for a refund is August 31, 2021. Items must remain in saleable condition (no opened shrink wrap or scratched off access codes). Returns can be dropped off in person or shipped. Online orders include a return shipping label. Materials purchased after August 31 must be returned within two days of receipt.
If you have any questions regarding MCC Bookstore services, please contact your campus' bookstore manager by email at:
- firstname.lastname@example.org – MCC-Blue River
- email@example.com – MCC-Longview
- firstname.lastname@example.org – MCC-Penn Valley
- email@example.com – MCC-Maple Woods
To schedule a counseling appointment, call the Info Center at 816.604.1000. The Info Center team will assist you setting an appointment with an MCC counselor.CLOSE
If you need to request Disability Support Services, please use one of the following email addresses:
- MCC-Blue River: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MCC-Longview: email@example.com
- MCC-Maple Woods: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MCC-Penn Valley: email@example.com
Spring 2022 Library Services
MCC Libraries will be open from 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. Monday-Thursday, and from 8 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. Friday.
Virtual Library Services
- Library web page: Portal to all MCC library services
- Online databases offer access to millions of periodical and reference articles.
- Online catalogs offer access to over 250,000 e-books and digital audiobooks.
- Online subject guides: Research assistance and useful resources compiled by MCC librarians.
- Reference chat for research assistance with MCC librarians. Available Monday through Friday via reference chat widget or by text at 816.920.0275.
- One-on-one videoconference reference consultations: MCC reference librarians are available by appointment for 30-minute sessions of personalized research assistance.
- Information literacy instruction classes: Instructors can schedule a librarian for information literacy instruction by e-mailing your campus librarian:
- Each campus has identified a specific computer lab for student use.
- Students must schedule an appointment via Starfish to use the computer lab.
- MCC-Blue River - PSI 103
- MCC-Longview - BU 214
- MCC-Maple Woods - CB 104
- MCC-Penn Valley - HU 103
- MCC-Penn Valley, HSI Room 204
Campus computer labs hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Friday 8:00 A.M – 3:30 P.M.
Having technical problems with one of our online systems? Help is available in a variety of ways from MCC Technical Support.
If you still have questions, you may email or call us at 816.604.1000.CLOSE
On Campus Learning Centers:
Spring and Fall Hours:
Open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. and Friday from 8:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. and closed on Friday.
Available Monday through Thursday from 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. All students can directly email each campus for information on how to access their virtual services.
- MCC-Blue River Math Lab: discord.gg/4XmXsz7TVk
- MCC-Maple Woods Math and Science Lab: discord.com/invite/catQ23D
- MCC-Maple Woods Writing Center: discord.com/invite/Tx2q6Hm
- Tutoring continues to be available virtually on a "drop-in basis"
- Online tutoring is available 24/7 at tutor.com
- Face-to-face tutoring may be available by "appointment" - Contact your campus
- MCC-Blue River: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MCC-Longview: email@example.com
- MCC-Maple Woods: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MCC-Penn Valley: email@example.com