The Public Safety Institute provides exceptional continuing education courses for law enforcement and public safety agencies. Our experienced instructors expose participants to current trends in law enforcement and provides information necessary to improve students' knowledge base and skill sets.
View classes and register
classes beginning BEFORE July 1, 2023
CLASSES BEGINNING AFTER JUNE 30, 2023
3-day block training courses
Multiple 3-day block training sessions are offered throughout the year and will provide your officers with the opportunity to fulfill all their annual P.O.S.T. requirements in one setting. These workshops include elective courses for students to tailor their annual training to their specific needs.
To prevent cancellation of class, all officers must register seven days prior to course.
- July 12-15
- September 13-15
- December 13-15
Attendance on the first day will fulfill the minimum hourly requirements for P.O.S.T in each curricula area. The student will then need to attend 16 addition elective hours to meet the annual requirement.
- Time: 0800-1200 - Legal updates/racial profiling #19818
- Time: 1300-1500 - Implicit bias/deescalation #21331
- Time: 1500-1700 - FATS #19817
- Time: 0800-1200 - Police media strategies #21334
- Time: 1300-1700 - Suicide by cop #10967
- Time: 0800-1700 - Building searches #20938
- Time: 0800-1700 - Basic evoc #15718
- Time: 0800-1700 - Tactical medical #17634
MCC-Blue River Public Safety Institute offers an agency contract pricing which is less expensive than the CEU hourly rate. (Exception: Instructor level and specialty classes are not covered by contract).