Enhancing Your Future
The Honors Program at MCC-Maple Woods is your opportunity to join faculty and other talented students to get the most from your educational experience, sharpen your analytical skills and grow. This four-semester experience is designed for highly motivated students. Each semester you will work with faculty to develop an honors experience contract.
The program stresses application of your knowledge. Through customized projects, research and campus and community events you will make connections across fields of study and increase your knowledge beyond what you learn in the classroom.
- The program provides an opportunity to shape your own learning experiences, in collaboration with MCC-Maple Woods faculty.
- A $500 institutional scholarship ($250/semester) and a $300 textbook allowance ($150/semester) is awarded to students who qualify.
- All courses in the Honors Program count toward completion of the Associate of Arts degree.
- Enhance your transfer applications and scholarship opportunities.
- You will earn the ability to transfer directly into the UMKC Honors College upon successful program completion.
- You will connect with other top students at MCC-Maple Woods.
- Have a 3.5 cumulative GPA, including high school, college courses and dual credit classes.
- Minimum ACT composite score of 24 and place into ENGL 101 and MATH 115 or higher.
Steps to Apply
- Complete the MCC Application
- Complete the honors application online (coming soon)
- Have a teacher or school counselor submit a completed recommendation form.
- Send your high school and college transcripts and ACT scores to:
Dr. Ayanna Bridges, Honors Program Director
2601 NE Barry Rd
Kansas City, MO 64156
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The first Monday in July for Fall semester and the first Monday in November for Spring semester.
- Honors Application (coming soon)
- Student/Instructor Contract (coming soon)
- Honors Student Handbook (coming soon)
Honors Program Director