From a Campus Phone:
8911 - For local emergency responders
1200 - For MCC Police Department
1111 - For Non-Emergencies
From Another Phone:
911 - For Local Emergency Responders
For MCC Police Department
Follow us on:
An emergency situation can involve a variety of situations, including weather, hazardous materials, a potential intruder, violence or other high-risk activities in the vicinity of the campus. The nature of the situation dictates what safety measures will be put in place. The response may include the implementation of a lockdown.
When a lockdown is implemented, the facility will be locked to the outside and you will be notified via the MCC alert system, which may include announcements via the public address system, texts, emails or direct instruction from MCC Police or administration.
While on Lockdown
In any emergency situation you should take personal responsibility for your safety in responding to situations.
- Take shelter in the most interior area of the space you are in; if possible behind solid walls, cabinets, desks, or bookcases.
- If you are in the hallway, seek shelter in the nearest office, lock the door, and stay away from windows and interior glass.
- Do not make noise or draw attention to yourself.
- Silence your cell phone.
- Be alert for developing threats, look, listen and be aware of your surroundings.
- Faculty, staff, students and visitors should not attempt to leave the building. Maintain your location until told by officials, unless you determine you are in more danger staying in the building than attempting to escape.
- If you exit/escape from the building/office, assess the situation and keep your hands in the air and listen for instructions from law enforcement and do exactly as you are instructed.