MCC-Business & Technology is certified as an American Welding Society training facility.
The AWS determines industry standards for welding and is recognized worldwide. The AWS Level I and Level II curriculum has been implemented in all welding classes. These changes will better prepare our students for AWS certification and expand their career prospects.
Degree and Certificates Awarded
MCC-Business & Technology offers three job ready certificates, an Associate in Applied Science in Welding and Management, as well as continuing education classes.
- Welding A.A.S. Degree
- Welding (MIG) certificate
- Welding TIG/MIG certificate
- Welding Construction certificate
- Set up and operate welding equipment.
- Use manual welding and thermal-cutting equipment to weld or cut metal components.
- Reading comprehension, mathematics (including geometry) and critical thinking are essential skills in this field.
Major types of welding taught at the state-of-the-art labs include:
- Shielded metal arc welding
- Pipe welding
- Flame cutting
- Plasma cutting
Your coursework will include interpreting welding blueprints, electrical fundamentals, welding metallurgy and American Welding Society (AWS) electrode classifications.
Lab activities include the use of equipment and techniques currently found in the industrial environment.
Our training provides a foundation for your to enter the workforce with the necessary skills of the welding trade. You will prepare for construction, general industry or manufacturing ad fabrication work.
Start in Fall, Spring or Summer semester.
Our programs prepare students for AWS Level 1 and Level 2 certification.