Annual Security Report - Oct. 2015
The Student Right to Know, Campus Security, and Compliance Report(pdf) is published on an annual basis and includes information which is of interest to current and prospective students and employees of Metropolitan Community College (MCC). The report includes the following sections:
Crime Awareness Report - contains information about security issues at the campuses. Major issues include:
- You have the right to know - you should know how safe your college is.
- How to report a crime - location, office hours, and phone numbers for the MCC Campus Police Department as well as information on crime reporting.
- Timely warning policy - how and when Campus Safety Alerts are issued.
- Emergency notification policy - provides for the issuance of an emergency alert to the MCC community if a significant emergency has arisen.
- Emergency response and evacuation procedures - procedures to respond to significant emergency or dangerous situations.
- About public safety - information about MCC’s Campus Police Department.
- Access to buildings - hours of access to MCC buildings.
- Maintenance considerations in the security of campus facilities - description of MCC’s efforts to maintain safety and security of buildings and grounds.
- Security services - special safety and security services provided by the Campus Police Department.
- Education and awareness - description of MCC’s crime prevention and awareness programs and procedures.
- Procedures for victims: reporting sexual offenses/incidents/violence/stalking - prevention education and information programs.
- Seeking medical attention - a list of medical providers and additional resources.
- Disciplinary Procedures/Victims of Violent Crimes - details including the code of student conduct.
- Registered sex offenders information - where to obtain a list of registered sex offenders.
- Relationship with local law enforcement - information on MCC’s relationship with state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Definitions of crimes - the definitions MCC uses to classify reported crimes.
- Safety Tips - includes important information regarding personal safety.
- Crime statistics- information identifying the occurrence of criminal offenses and number of arrests for crimes occurring on campus and adjacent public property over the last three calendar years. The section also includes the number of arrests and disciplinary referrals for liquor law violations, drug abuse violations, and weapons possessions. Information is available for the following locations:
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- MCC's Non-Discrimination Statement
- Federal Regulations
- Accessibility (ADA) Notice
- Discrimination and Harassment Definition and Policy
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Copyright Infringement
- Drug-Free Workplace, Campus and Community
- Tobacco-Free Community
- Filing a Complaint
- Equity in Athletics (EADA)
- Graduation / Transfer and Retention Rates
- Graduate Placement Information
- Student Consumer Information
If you prefer a free, printed copy of this annual report,
please send a request by e-mail or call 816.604.1436.