Industrial Electrical Overview
Degree and Certificate Awarded
- Associate in Applied Science/Industrial Electrical
- Certificate in Industrial Technologies
- Programmable Logic Controller Certificate
- Photovoltaics Certificate
- Install, test, repair, and adjust electrical machinery and electrical control equipment - relay and solid state - in a modern manufacturing facility
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance such as checking, cleaning and repairing equipment to detect and prevent problems
- Work on conveyors, automated machinery, robotic work cells, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
Attention to detail, initiative and analytical thinking are essential skills.
MCC graduates are ready for work in a wide range of manufacturing and power companies. Their work is essential to keep industrial systems functioning properly and safely.
You will learn electrical principles, electrical blueprint reading, electric motor controls, programmable logic controls, instrumentation, variable speed motors and the National Electric Code. You will build your skills through extensive laboratory and troubleshooting exercises.
Fall and spring. Some courses are also offered during summer session.
- Construction Management
- Electric Utility Line Technician
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Industrial Maintenance
- Precision Machining