Blackboard is the online course-management system used at MCC. It is the primary means of communication for online courses, and is often used to supplement face-to-face classes.
Blackboard provides instructors a platform to electronically deliver class content, using online tools for functions such as managing assignments, delivering assessments, facilitating discussions, and posting or viewing grades.
Frequently Asked Questions
MCC online courses are designed with the expectation that students will have regular access to current computer technology, up-to-date software, and a reliable broadband internet connection. Some courses require additional software installation; students must be able to install the necessary software on their computer to successfully complete the course. MCC cannot guarantee that all required course software will be available on campus computers.
A supported browser must also be configured correctly. While logged into BlackBoard, select the Student Resources tab and from the upper left corner, select "Run the Browser Check". Review the entire page to determine whether the necessary plugins and features are installed/enabled.
- Log into myMCCKC.
- On the bottom left, select "Manage Passwords".
- Select "Synchronize System Passwords."
- Follow instructions to complete the process. We suggest waiting at least 5 minutes before logging into BlackBoard or your student email after completing this process.
- Look on the Student Resources tab in Blackboard, and find the "How Do I..." section. Answers to many common question can be found there.
- Contact the 24/7 help desk at mcckc.edusupportcenter.com, or phone number 888-296-6136 for Blackboard Student Support Services
- For instructor support, email the Distance Education email@example.com which will prompt a help desk ticket.