Fall Schedule 2017
Wings By: Arthur Kopit
- Presented by Summit Theatre Group
- October 13, 14, 20, 21 @ 7:30 October 22 @ 2:30 2017
- Emily Stilson, 70-years old and a celebrated former aviatrix and stunt pilot, suffers a stroke and is plunged into a world of disorientation and grief. Memories flood in between painful attempts to re-learn the basic functions of everyday life. Visit summittheatre.org for tickets.
MCC-Longview Literary Festival
- Presented by MCC-Longview
- October 28 | 9 a.m - 5 p.m.
- Each year, MCC-Longview hosts the Longview Literary Festival. Join us as we explore diversity across the literary world.
Silents Night Film Festival
- Presented by MCC-Longview Community Education
- November 2 | 7 p.m.
- Before there was 3D or surround sound movie theaters, there were Silent Films. The early beginnings of Hollywood introduced us to Laurel and Hardy as well as Charlie Chaplin in the simplest form of movie making: The Silent Film.
MCC-Longview Playworks Project
- Presented by MCC-Longview Communication Department
- November 15-17 | 7:30 p.m.
- Join the students of MCC-Longview as they showcase the dramatic, comedic, and thought provoking works of the world stage. Each year, Director Kittie Hardin directs the Playworks project with the Longview acting students to showcase the diverse array of creative works each student is exploring.
Face Down, Palms Up / A Solo Exhibition by Brandon Briscoe August 31-September 30
- Considering the impact of these stars, or “idols”, and the seemingly authoritative power they can possess over our lives, it is worth noting, what happens when they fade or fall away?
3rd Annual Here and Now: A Look at the Local Arts October 13 - November 12
- This exhibit is entirely focused on artists living solely in the Lee’s Summit and Southeastern Jackson County area. What we found during this process was that our local community houses a large number of talented artists that are making great developments within their practices. There is a great sense of artistic diversity happening right here in our own backyard and we hope you are able to join us in appreciating these talented artisans.
End of Semester Student show December 5 - 10
- At the end of each semester we give our enrolled art students an opportunity to showcase their amazing art works in our gallery. This provides our students a proper and professional format to exhibit their work and it allows families, friends and our MCC-Longview community a chance to see what they’ve been up to all semester.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.604.2200 for more information, individual or season tickets or group sales.
The MCC-Longview Cultural Arts Center is the home of the Summit Theatre Group and
the Kansas City Chapter of Sweet Adelines. Support quality programming at the MCC-Longview
Cultural Arts Center by becoming a Friend of the Cultural Arts Center. For info about
how to become a friend, click here.