Department: BR History
Office: CC, Room 230G
Phone: 816.604.6638 - e-mail
- HIST 120: United States History to 1865
- HIST 121: United States History since 1865
- HIST 133: Foundations of Western Civilization
- HIST 134: Modern Western Civilization
- B.A. in English, Kansas State University
M.A. in Religious Studies, Colgate-Rochester Divinity School
M.Phil. in History, University of Kansas
Ph.D. in History, University of Kansas
Areas of Expertise
- Dr. Worley is a recognized authority on Kansas City Regional History as well as a seasoned performer on the Historic Chautauqua circuit. He portrays historic characters in Missouri, Kansas and around the nation.
- Author of several books including: J. C. Nichols and the Shaping of Kansas City; The Plaza: First and Always; Beale Street: Crossroads of American Music; The Santa Fe Trail [with Gil Rumsey]; Kansas City: Rise of a Regional Metropolis; and numerous history articles, encyclopedia & dictionary entries, and book reviews.
- Dr. Worley gives history presentations both in and out of character for local and regional organizations. In 2009, he gave over 50 such presentations in the Kansas City region, across Missouri and in Kansas, New Mexico, Ohio and Indiana. Contact him at 816-604-6638 to inquire about possible topics and availability.