Degree and Transfer Info

Request Information. Visit a Campus.


Associate in Engineering

General information for all A.E. degree seekers

The Associate in Engineering degree is a preprofessional program that prepares students to transfer to a four-year college or university offering a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. Most MCC students transfer to the University of Missouri-Columbia, the University of Missouri-Kansas City or the University of Missouri-Rolla. Students should check the catalog of the school they plan to transfer to or speak with an engineering program advisor or counselor to make sure they're taking the right classes.

Associate in Engineering

    ENGL 101 Composition & Reading I 3
    ENGL 102 Composition and Reading II 3
    SPDR 100 Fundamentals of Speech 3
    HIST 120 United States History to 1865 or
    HIST 121 United States History Since 1865 3
Social Sciences:
    ECON 210 Macroeconomics ~or~    3
    POLS 135 Introduction to Political Science ~or~
    POLS 136 Introduction to American National Politics ~or~
    POLS 137 Introduction to State and Local Politics
    CHEM 111 General College Chemistry I 5
    ENGR 101 Intro to the Profession 1
    ENGR 104 Programming for Engineers and Scientists* or
    CSIS 123 Programming Fundamentals 3
    ENGR 113 Engineering Design & Microcomputer Applications** or or
    ETEC 152 Engineering Graphics & CADD I 3-5
    ENGR 229 Statics 3
    MATH 180 Analytic Geometry & Calculus I 5
    MATH 190 Analytic Geometry & Calculus II 5
    MATH 210 Analytic Geometry & Calculus III 5
    MATH 230 Differential Equations 3
    PHYS 220 Engineering Physics I 5
    PHYS 221 Engineering Physics II 5
Two of the following seven courses:
    CHEM 221 Organic Chemistry I  
    CHEM 222 Organic Chemistry II  
    ENGR 215 Engineering Statistics and Computation  
    ENGR 223 Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer  
    ENGR 230 Dynamics  
    ENGR 233 Circuit Analysis I  
    ENGR 240 Mechanics of Materials 6-10
Total Credit Hours 65-71
*Students may substitute BIOL 101 or CHEM 112or SRVY for ENGR 104
**Students may substitute BIOL 101 or CHEM 112 for ENGR 113
Last Modified: 7/6/12